Chapter 1

Kanto...

A region in the middle east part of Japan was your target.

You were accepted in the university there and arrived at your new apartment a few weeks ago. Though, studying in Japan was not your goal. You had other plans that made you travel to Japan.

'After my one-year practical training as a FBI-agent, I think that I have what it takes.' you were convinced. Your dream was to become a detective. It wasn't rare that you involved yourself in investigating crime cases to test your skills. You loved solving crimes, especially when the case was very mysterious and hard to solve. You loved challenges and this was the reason for your move to Japan.

The Kira Case...

The serial Killer of this crime case was given the name Kira by the Japanese people and he was unlike any criminal that you have seen before. Unlike other killers, he was only after criminals. He seemed to be interested in the high profile criminals who did not get their proper punishment.

But that was not everything.

This killer was able to murder anyone anywhere and at any time. An analysis of his victims showed you, that all his victims have been mentioned in the news or on other social media before. This means, that he selected his victims from media. 'It also seems like he has to know the name and look of his victims. I have no clue why that is necessary, but criminals whose names weren't mentioned or whose faces were unknown stayed alive.' you noticed.

It seemed like this Kira person hated injustice and decided to commit crimes to... '...to what?' you asked yourself. 'What is his goal? Revenge? Justice?' It was likely that Kira's motive was justice. He wanted justice to rule. And since the law did not make sure that justice was fulfilled, he decided to complete their jobs. 'So Kira has a sense for justice, is fair and strong.' you listed.

You could understand Kira for doing all this, and you did not think that it was wrong.

Well, at least not completely wrong.

He hated how the world was and that the strong ones couldn't stop the bad ones. So many people were victimized or lost a lot, because of others. The world could be so different. Peaceful with no hatred, no injustice, no revenge. You thought, that Kira was thinking that way. He was determined to create justice on earth, starting with Japan and you had a feeling that he would continue to get rid of injustice and criminals until he was caught. And if we would never be caught, then wo knew, maybe he would start killing low prifile criminals, and then people who commit small crimes, because by then, they would be the bad guys in Kira's eyes. 'In other words, however Kira is killing is victims, if no one finds out how, it will make a bad person out of him. He will soon be a criminal himself, that can't be stopped!'

And that was the reason why you were battling against Kira.

Yeah, you were in a battle, because this case was not fun anymore.

The times where you tried to solve cases because you wanted to test your skills were over. You realized that this case was not like the others.

The worlds greatest detective L usually solves all those cases that were unsolvable for the police on his own. But even he had problems with this crime case. This was the first time that L couldn't solve a case within a short time. 'I'm curious to know how long it will take L to find Kira. 3 months have already passed since Kira first appeared and no one is close to catching him.' Kira's killing started in Japan, but the whole world soon realized that they had to get involved and help find this mass murderer before he would continue his work in other countries.

It might sound weird that a beginner like you wanted to investigate in this case, but why not? You asked yourself. If you were really able to help solving Kira's case, then your career will go upwards. You might also be able to work under L's command.