Chapter 33

"Rule number one: The human, whose name is written in this book shall die.

Rule number two: This book will not take its effect unless the user has the face of the victim in their mind while writing the name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

Rule number three: If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person name, it will happen.

Rule number four: If the cause of death has not been specified, the person will die of a heart attack.

Rule number five: After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written within the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Rule number six: If the person using the note fails to consecutively write names of people to be killed within the next 13 days of each other, the user will die.

Rule number seven: If you make this note unuseable by tearing it up or burning it, all humans who have touched the note until then will die."

Soichiro Yagami read the rules of the death note loud to everyone in the room.

"Are they all true, Ryuk?" He then asked the creepy Shinigami that was staring at him with his wide yellow eyes. "Yes, they are." His dark voice sounded.

You remembered when panic took over all of you when you first saw the strange demonic creature in front of you after touching the note. The shinigami was just laughing, filled with the joy of seeing the scared human faces. As it turned out, the shinigami was harmless and not scary at all. He was just bound to the note that belonged to the human being, who picked it up when Ryuk threw it to the human world. He was a laid-back shinigami who was neither on Kira's side nor on anyone else's side. He was not willing to help the police find or speak about the real Kira and just wanted to watch the show from the back. Of course, no one dared to force the shinigami to something, because no one knew what the death god might do when he gets angry. Another thing that jumped you into the eye, was that the shinigami Ryuk enjoyed eating apples.

"L, do you know, shinigami's they love apples."

Ryuk was Kira's shinigami.

'Light's shinigami...?' You asked yourself as you reached your hand out to the chief. "May I check something, Mr. Yagami?" You asked him politely and he handed the death note over to you with a quick "Sure".

'If that was Kira1's death note, then one name must be in there for sure. Lind.L.Tailor.' You browsed through the first pages looking for his name until you found it. Large and across a page, his name was written as if Kira was angry at that moment and ready to reward him and his speech with a heart attack.

Yes, Ryuk was Kira's shinigami and this death note was the 'original'.

"Oh man! Maybe I shouldn't have let the curiosity about seeing a shinigami get the better of me!" Matsuda brought out in a worried tone, referring to the last rule of the death note. "Maybe. But then you would be the only one in the investigation, who didn't know what we were dealing with. Is that what you want?" Aizawa replied. "Of course not! I want to be on the same page as everyone else in the task force." Matsuda explained. "If these rules are true, like Ryuk said, then Light Yagami and Misa Amane cannot be Kira and Kira2." Mogi added. "We watched them and know now that none of them had done anything close to using or writing in a notebook. We also detained them for much longer than 13 days. They both would not be alive by now if they had used the death note." He added and was right.

Still, you couldn't get rid of the thought that Light must be Kira. You had no clue how he managed to get away with all this and the shinigami is not helping. Light left you no way to even get close to seeing through him. This was either because he was innocent, which you highly doubted, or...