Chapter 45

As planned you asked to speak to the Taskforce on the same day. Unfortunately, you had to wait until the next morning before you were let out of your cell and brought to a room.

There you sat alone with a recorder in one of the corners of the ceiling, that was recording everything that was going to be said and done.

You didn't have to wait long before someone opened the door and entered the small room. It was Mr. Yagami. In his hands, he was holding two cups of coffee. You assumed one was for you and were right when he put one of the cups on your side of the table. He sipped at his cup before telling you that he was still mad at you but would still hear you out. You told him everything just like Light wanted and as expected, the chief explained that he had to discuss this matter with the rest of the taskforce before giving you an answer. So you were brought back to your cell and had to wait longer.
It took the task force two days to call you for another meeting.

A meeting with everyone except for Aizawa.

You wondered how he was holding in there and wished you could help him somehow.
Even though the task force wasn't standing on your side, it still gave you a nice and warm feeling to be around them all. But that feeling extinguished almost immediately when you recalled the last events and the current situation that you were in.

The detectives all stared at you waiting for you to start the conversation by explaining what you already told the chief.

The air was tense and you felt a bit nervous.

"As I explained to Mr. Yagami before, I'm aware of my mistakes, but not all accusations are correct about me. I am not Kira and even if I'm sitting behind bars right now and lost the trust of all of you I want to help you by getting the Death Note from N back." You started.
"N didn't trust me fully, that's why I know close to nothing about him. I already told you everything I know." you continued.

"The SPK lost all its members except for N who holds the death note." The chief explained and you had to act as if you were surprised since no one could know that Light had already told you about it when he visited you.

"Maybe that's more reason for me to reach out to him. He has no one, maybe he would want to meet up with me." You suggested but were cut off. "There is no way we will let you out to meet with N!" Mogi called out.

"I know." You replied coldly. "I didn't suggest to meet with him, but what if I set a meeting with him and well, you all handle the rest!" You suggested. "If you really want to help us you need to think harder. There is no way N is going to fall for that." Light joined the discussion. "We all know how careful and clever he is. He seems almost like L, which is why we have to think harder if we ever want a chance against him." He explained.
You scratched your head. "I thought this was going to be a lot easier." You let out a laugh. "May I get some coffee/(beverage of your choice)?" You questioned and pointed at the table that was located in the middle of the big room in which you used to work with everyone else on the Kira case. On the table, there was a coffee machine, bottles of different drinks such as water, apple juice, and orange juice. Occasionally you could find new things on it that one of the detectives brought for a change. There was also an electric kettle and different types of tea. There were also snacks, sweets, and cake on the table. A habit that the others got from L.

"Sure, go ahead." Mr. Yagami shrugged his shoulders.

While the detectives talked about N and the L and tried to think of a way to trick him, you poured yourself a fresh hot/cold cup of coffee/(beverage of your choice) and let the taste of the first sip spread in your mouth. You tasted and smelled it and enjoyed it because you didn't have any coffee/(beverage of your choice) in a long time and might not have any anytime soon. Who knew, maybe this was your last one to enjoy, which is a reason more for you to enjoy it here and now. There were doughnuts in a box on the side of the table, but it didn't look fresh. They were probably standing there since yesterday or before it. When you heard the detectives starting to talk about how they would catch L to come up with a plan to catch N, you let out a laugh under your breath. Of course, this strategy wouldn't work, since no one knew how to successfully fool L.