Chapter 10

SOYEON'S

Few minutes after Jiyeon and Eunjung left we already left that place too.

Boram is with me while Hyomin is with Qri of course.

"Boramie. What's was Jiyeon's relationship to Hyomin? Are they related?" I ask.

"I don't know. I always ask that question to her but she never told me the answer. It was like she was avoiding that topic. Actually, she changes the topic every time I try to open up about family" She replied.

"So, how does the two of you end up being bestfriends? I mean she always bully you at school" I said.

"Jiyeon may look and act tough but she is actually a kid and she never bullies me. Well, let say it looks like that but that is with consent. I kinda let her do that me" She said.

Mwo?

She let Jiyeon bully her?

"Jiyeon and I were bestfriends since we were young. She does help me a lot especially in my studies. This is the least I could do for her" She said.

"To let her bully you in exchange of all those things?" I ask.

"Oh gosh Soyeonnie. This whole journey will be tragic before it ends up to church" She said.

What?

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

Her explanation about Jiyeon and her is quite confusing for me and now she's talking something about getting into church.

"Oh uhm...it...uhmm. It was nothing. Just forget about what I say" she said and looks away.

She's weird.

But she's cute.

"Uhm...where's your place?" I ask.

"Just bring me to Jiyeon's house. I'm worried about her" She said.

She always worries about Jiyeon.

"Ok." I simply replied.

Speaking of Jiyeon her connection to Hyomin is still a mystery to me.

"Soyeonnie?" Boram suddenly speaks while I'm so focus on driving.

"Wae?" I ask.

"What kind of wedding are you dreaming of?" She asks.

Huh?

Wedding?

"I don't want to get married" I replied.

"Mwo? Wae?" She asks.

"What's the use of getting married when you're just gonna broke your vows to each other and the thing is people break it when everything was almost perfect" I said.

"My Mom and Dad got divorced when I was young. There's no third-party involved but their reason is that they don't love each other anymore. I live with my Mom and sometimes I visit my Dad. Only sometimes because he's usually out of the country. I never believe in marriages now coz they don't last. There's no till death do us part. Coz they're still alive but they already parted. Those vows were just for show. They themselves ruined it. The sad part it's not them who suffers the most. It's us their kids who can do nothing but to accept the fact that your parents decided to that for your own good. Even though I don't know which part of it was good except for the word itself?" I explained to her.

"Oh. I didn't know your story was like that." She said.

"Yeah. It was like that" I just said.

"Rich people have really complicated lives. Now I'm having a second thought" she said.