Chapter Eighteen

West Coast

Chapter Eighteen-

Cameron's POV

I broke loose of Nash's grip. I ran to my car and pulled out my keys as fast as I could. I drove in the direction of the police car.

I arrived at the prison and walked in. I went straight to the front desk,

"Where is Saphrin Hyland!?" I asked quickly.

He looked up at me annoyed.

"She is speaking with the sheriff and her father, why?" He said.

"She can't go with him" I said.

"Look kid, there talking about it right now. Sit down and wait" he said sternly.

I nodded and sat down, I didn't want to get in trouble myself. I waited about 15 minutes before doors next to me opened. The sheriff and Saphrin walked out followed by her dad.

Saphrin's face had no expression, she was like a ghost. She saw me and I could see her shoulders relax. She was pale, she had been crying a lot.

They let her loose and she ran to me. She started crying and I wiped away the tears with my thumb. She put her head on my chest and sighed deeply.

We walked out to the car and I waited until we were on the road to speak.

"My dad said he could take care of me, since the law says, if a family member steps up to take care of a teenager under 21, they have possession. They still gave me a right to live by myself under legal license. But family possession comes first and over rules the legal license"

"They can't do that!" I screamed.

"Yes, they can" she said softly.

"Saphrin, you have to tell them about the abuse. It's your only key out of this" I told her.

"I know, I will. It has to be the right moment though"

"I know who can help us" I said.

* * * * * * * * *

We got home and I parked the car in the drive way. We walked in the front door and saw Nash and Chyna watching a movie. My mom wasn't present, I tossed the keys on the kitchen counter and sat at the island.

I stared at my hands, studying the lines. My mom walked out from the laundry room and set down the clothes she had.

She stared at me, I stood up and walked into the laundry room, she followed. She closed the door, and waited.

"So, what was the decision?" She asked.

"There taking it to court, I need your help" I gathered up my thoughts.

"Why?" She said.

"Why what?" I restated.

"There taking it court?" She asked quickly.

"They want a judge for the finally decision" she sighed.

"This is so damn wrong Cameron!" She shouted softly.

"Mom, not really" I forgot the real reason.

"Yeah, it is. Cameron what's the real reason?"

I took a deep breath and gathered what I was about to tell her.

"Okay, Saphrin and her mom were abused along time ago" her face went blank.

"Oh my. So that's what this is about" she spoke quietly.

"Yes, basically, she can live by herself unless a family steps up to help raise a teenager under 21, they didn't provoke the legal license, but her dad wants to take her. We haven't told the police but that's our only way. If Saphrin goes with her dad she'll be abused and die in 2 weeks. I really need your help" I said.

"Well, we have to tell them before the court decision"

"Should we do it now?" I asked.

She nodded and I walked back into the living room.

"Saphrin, get in the car please" she nodded and followed me and my mom.

* * * * * * * * * *

"So you're telling me, her dad abused her and her mom along time ago. If she goes with her dad she'll be abused again. You do realize this will be the main reason now of the upcoming court session" I nodded and looked Saphrin, she was watching her hands move.

"Yes, Saphrin cannot go with her dad, she will be abused" I said fast.

They nodded and wrote it down on the court file.

"Please be prepared to defend your case and stand your ground with proof" the officer said.

I nodded and walked out with Saphrin and my mom. We drove home in complete silence.

It was now 8:34 pm and I was so tired along with Saphrin. I parked the car in the garage and I took Saphrin's hand. I led her up to my room, Chyna and Nash were asleep on the couch. My mom went to her room and that's the last I saw her.

I laid on the bed and Saphrin closed the door. She crawled up beside me and faced me with her eyes closed. I kissed her lips slowly and softly.

"Cameron what if we don't win?" She asked.

"We will" she sighed.

I turned off the light and wrapped my arm around her waist. What proof do I have? How can I win this?..

----------------------