Chapter Seventeen

West Coast

Chapter Seventeen-

Cameron's POV

We landed back home, it felt like the longest plane ride I've ever been on.

I packed up everything and woke up Saphrin.

I softly shook her, she slowly opened her eyes.

"Hey gorgeous were here"

"Hey handsome"

I smiled and helped her up, she followed me out of plane and went through security.

"I really have to pee" I whispered.

She laughed, "Then go to the bathroom"

"Okay I'm going to the restroom" I set down my bags.

Saphrin sat down and waited it the waiting area. I ran to the bathroom, I had to go so bad.

I burst though the doors, I ran to an open stall. I ran into a guy,

"I'm so sorry" I said.

"It's okay" he smiled and walked out.

I went to the bathroom and then it hit me, that was Saphrin's dad.

I ran out of the bathroom and saw him walking over to Saphrin, I ran faster than I ever had in my life before. I caught up to him and pushed him back.

"What are you doing here!" I shouted.

"Oh look, someone finally figured it out" I smirked.

"Why are you here" I asked again.

He took a step closer to Saphrin who was crying behind me. I was mad, I clutched my fist together and swung hard. I punched him in the jaw line and he fell back.

I stepped closer and grabbed his collar on his shirt, and spoke low and clear.

"I said, what are you doing here!" I yelled.

A security guard came over and forced my grip off of him. I glared at him, the security guard pulled him back and another guard pulled me and Saphrin to another room.

We took a seat in the chairs and listened to the officer.

"What's going on" he asked.

"He was trying to get to Saphrin" I stated.

"What are you to her?" He asked.

"I'm her boyfriend"

"Who is he?" He asked.

"He's Saphrin's dad, but.." I glanced at Saphrin who was staring at the ground.

"We think he killed her mom" I said. He couldn't know the real reason.

"You don't know that do you, do you"

I shook my head. He opened the door and led Saphrin and I back to the waiting area and we saw police talking to him.

I didn't focused on him and Saphrin started crying. I pulled her aside,

"It's okay, your okay, I'm going to protect you" she nodded.

We walked over to get our stuff and I kept my eyes on him the entire time. He watched me but kept talking to the police.

The other security guard came over and talked to us.

"We'll need more info, we'll catch up with you later"

I nodded and walked out with Saphrin. They escorted us out on a golf cart and took us to my car. I grabbed Saphrin's hand and led her to the car. I started the car and stopped.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded and just quietly cried,

"We can't tell them he used to abuse me" she said.

"Why not, it's wrong he can't do that"

"Because he'll get mad and tell them different things. It's embarrassing too" she whispered.

"It doesn't matter, he can't do that. This won't happen, you have to trust me okay" I told her.

She nodded and I grabbed her hand, her hands were warm and soft. We drove home in silence.

* * * * * * * *

I parked the car in the drive way and looked at Saphrin, she was on her phone texting Sadie and Chyna.

Saphrin's life was the hardest life I've ever seen anyone ever have, however someone else in my life survived worst.

She unbuckled and we left our bags in the car, to tired to unpack them. We walked in and saw Chyna, Nash, and my mom in the kitchen.

"We're home" I said quietly.

"Chyna!" Saphrin yelled and ran into her arms.

I walked over and took a seat next to Nash. I picked up some chips they were eating.

"Cameron can I speak to you please" my mom asked.

She pulled me around the corner and into the laundry room. She shut the door and crossed her arms.

"I know what Saphrin's going through, because my mom was killed when I was her age" she said.

"I know but it's different" I said. "It's nothing like what you experienced"

"How? Are there other pieces missing?" She asked.

I nodded, "you can't know but the police are in this now" I said in anger.

"I know the police called me" I was confused.

"How? What did they say?!"

"They said if they needed any info they would come and ask" my mom leaned against he door.

I nodded, my eyes watered up. I was now confused. The police would come and ask us if they need any info.

Saphrin was legal to stay by herself unless a family member stepped forward and came through and was approved. It hit me, that's what Saphrin's dad was trying to do.

Saphrin can't though, if Saphrin went with her dad she would be abused again and would be gone in two weeks. This can't happen.

I walked out of the laundry room and sat on the couch next to Saphrin. Just as I sat down I heard a knock on the door.

I got up and saw Saphrin get up as well, I opened the door and saw a police man.

"Is Saphrin Hyland here" he asked.

"Yes, that's me" she appeared from behind the door.

"We need you down at the station" he took her hand.

"NO, WHY!" I screamed.

Nash grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. Trying to keep me calm, I watched as Saphrin started sobbing as she tried to free her self.

They forced her in the back of the police car, they shut the door and I saw her mouth something to me.

"It's going to be okay" she mouthed.

They drove away and I saw someone else in the car. He turned around and grinned at me, Saphrin's dad.

_______________________________________

Hello guys! I'm back! I had so much fun in Florida, now I'm on my way back to Illinois. I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if this chapter is short. Anyways, what do you think her dads here for? Also, the nickname she called her mom in the last chapter is pronounced ( Boo-dah ) and if you didn't know already, it's kind if hard to pronounce Saphrin's name so it's like this ( Saff-rin ) Haha thanks for reading, ily all -Carlee

Twitter- @Nashs_Penny

Instagram- @__CarleeWilson

Like Vote Comment