Chapter Fourty-Two

West Coast

CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO (PART 2)

Saphrin's POV

Cameron stood up and left the table. I stood up and watch him run out of the building and out to the parking lot. The waiter came back and wide eyes spread along her face.

"U-Uhm," She stuttered. Before she could finish I answered back.

"I would just like the check please." I looked down to the ground and studied my polished toes. I waited for her to walk away and bring back the check but she spoke up.

"Actually, the dinner is already paid for," she answered. I looked up and saw a faint smile. I forced a smile but didn't do a good job of covering it up.

"If you would like something else that's fine." She said. I picked at the skin that ran along the side if my nail and looked at her eyes this time.

"No, I think I'm fine." I said quietly. She nodded but before walking away she spoke one last time.

"If that's all, you can me leave if you would like. I'll take care of the rest." She said shyly. I smiled wider this time and grabbed my purse. As I was walking out I looked back and saw her waving good bye. I waved back quickly and walked through the doors.

The cold night wind brought a chill to my body, but I stood there anyways. Cameron was my ride and now I can't get home, considering I was tired and lonely and just didn't care anymore. I started walking without even thinking.

My house is on the other sides if town, but like I said. At the moment I didn't even care..

~ ~ ~ ~

I reached home and as I was about to walk inside, I glanced over at Cameron's house. I could only see his bedroom light on and the rest of the house was deserted. His mom used to work with my mom until her shift got pushed back to night hours.

I took a deep breath and walked into my house, I saw Chyna sitting on one of the stools at the island on her phone. I furrowed my eye brows, set down my purse and slipped off my heels. She looked up and locked her phone.

"Um, hey chyna." I had confusion laced in my words.

"Hey Saphrin, uh, I need to talk to you." I sat down next to her and watched her breathe slowly.

"M-My mom got transferred jobs for the company she works for." My air got caught in my throat. Questions formed in my head, I coughed a little but continued to listen.

"I'm leaving in two days.." She continued. That answered a question. One down a million to go. She stopped giving me time to ask my questions.

"Where are you moving to?" Was the most important question. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"To New York.." Water pricked my eyes but I've been through enough to where I don't care what they do. They rolled down my cheek and fell off my jawline.

"That far away." I whispered but just loudly enough for her to hear. The looked down at her hands and she decided to speak up again.

"I always feared since I became the best friends with you, that this day would come. My moms company is so big I feared that one day she would work her way up to the big jobs. That doesn't change our friend ship though." I nodded and listened because I knew she wasn't done.

"I will meet new friends maybe, even get a boyfriend or something but I won't forget you. Because your one of those people that stick in your head. I know you and Cameron have tough times, but you were meant to be. When I watch you guys kiss I would always think it was disgusting, but I always noticed when you do he has passion and love fill his eyes. He loves you." The way she mentioned Cameron shocked me but I finished listening.

"I knew this would happen, so I want you to promise me something," I nodded and waited. She grabbed my hand and patted the top of it. "When you turn 21 and I turn 21, we will buy a beach house out here in the outline if Los Angeles and live together. Just relax everyday and live a fun life." I nodded because when I was little I never wanted to actually become anything in life. Just have fun in California. Never succeed I'm anything particular, just live free and not do anything.

"Your visiting me every summer, weather I pay or you pay for the flight ticket." She giggled a little and leaned in for a hug. I squeezed her back as the thought of my best friend over 16 years of my life is leaving my alone in California. Yeah I have Morgan, Sadie, Cameron and other friends but they can't replace Chyna. The only person I forgot about was Nash.

"What's happened between you and Nash?" I asked wiping my tears. She frowned and started.

"Uh, he said he really liked me but since we had a really good friend shop he didn't want to ruin it."

"It's okay Chyna." I hugged her and she got her stuff and waved by as she walked out of the house.

I ran up stairs and fell onto my bed. I didn't care about even changing, I climbed under the sheets and cried myself to sleep.

-------------------------------

If you guys could do me a favor and get this book to 7.2k reads and 225 votes that would be amazing. Thanks so much for reading, ilyasm -C xo.

{ 6/18/2014 }

• Vote & Comment •