Chapter Twenty-One

Saphrin's POV

"Stop the car!" I say remembering my one last hope.

I search through my purse to find my phone and text Cameron.

To Cameron:

Hey no time for questions just grab the video I have on my counter and bring it back to court. I have an idea.

From Cameron:

Hey, of course, be there in 5

As I start to remember the video that my mother gave me when I was only 8 years old, I started to gain hope again.

I began dance at the time, so I made up a routine. My dad wasn't home at the time, he was getting drunk obviously. So my mom took a video of me doing this routine, that's when my father came back from a party. He was drunk as ever and angry. He started cursing and threating my mom so she set the camera down. yet it kept recording. It caught everything. Him hurting me and my mother, calling us horrible names and abusing us until we were knocked out on the floor.

Later that day I woke up in bed and he was gone. I was full of bruises and in complete pain. My mom had left the camera on my bed side table for me to keep, since she was gone to work that day. I ended up putting the video on a disc, not realizing it had recorded all of the abuse. A few years later I found it and watched it and saw it had, yet I still kept it. I pulled it out the other day because it was one of the only videos I had left with my mom, and also the perfect evidence.

We pull into the court drive again and I see Cameron standing out front holding the disc in his hands.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I say hugging Cameron and grabbing the disc.

"This better work" he says nervously.

"I think it will" I say with a smile.

This has been one long day.

---

As me and Cameron sit out side of the court room, it has been almost an hour. Whatever they are looking at on that video clip is starting to haunt me now.

"What is taking them so long" I say to myself, yet Cameron hears.

"Hey don't worry, it will work" he says holding my hand and smiling.

And I hope it does.

I take a deep breath and hear a door click. I look over to the conference room and see a middle aged women come out of it.

"Saphrin Hyland?" the women asks and I nod my head.

"Well you know that video you gave us?"

"Yes" I say sitting on the edge of my seat.

"It worked, you get to stay on your own now"

I feel a huge wait fall off of my shoulders and I look over at Cameron who has a huge smile on his face.

He pulls me into a tight hug and I cry into his chest, out of happiness of course.

"I love you"

Is all I managed to say, and I mean it so much this time. I truly love him with all of my heart. He has been with me through all of my shit and has supported me with everything. I want him forever, and if I end up loosing him I will surely be gone too. I love him that much.

"I love you Saphrin"

--------------------

Thank you all so so so much for reading, I'm almost to 1,000 reads and I'm so happy. Thank you all so much you don't understand how much this means to me. I love you all so much.

Thanks for reading ILY ALL -Carlee