Chapter Nineteen

Saphrin's POV

"Ms. Dallas please come up to defend Miss. Saphrin Hyland" the judge said as Calleigh made her way up.

I took a deep breath as a million thoughts ran through my head. I want to win so badly, I don't know what will happen if we don't. It could all be over for me.

"Ms. Dallas please state the following statements are correct" the judge says and she nods.

"Saphrin Hyland has been sexually abused by Travis Hyland"

"Correct"

"Saphrin Hyland has also been physically, mentally, and verbally abused"

"Correct"

I look down at my lap as the list goes on and on. I don't have the gut to look at anyone right now, especially Cameron.

"Miss. Hyland do you agree with all of these statements?" The judge asks.

I look up from my lap and look around the room. I see my dad sitting on the other side of the room, I see Cameron who's sitting next to me, I see all the officials and jury's. Listening to what my dad put me through.

"Yes, I agree"

"Alright then let's move on" the judge says looking around the room and taking a deep breath.

"Do you have any evidence or proof of the scenes that have been going on Miss. Hyland?"

Shit.

"Umm, no" I say.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Cameron glare at me. I focus back on the judge,

"Is there any witnesses that saw the scene?"

"My mom but she's not here today"

"Are there any scars or bruises from these events"

Yes there are but not enough. Just a few, they all healed so you wouldn't believe me anyways so there's no point.

"No"

"Okay, Ms. Dallas can you please tell me what you know about the events that took place with Saphrin and her father"

"Saphrin has been physically and verbally abused since the age of 12 and has been harmed and frightened by these scenes. This has been a continuous event through all of her school years until the age of 17"

That was all we needed, because it was the truth. I couldn't thank her enough for her help, but now it's my fathers turn.

"Thank you Ms. Dallas, please come up Mr. Hyland to tell about the events"

My dad walks up to the front and makes his way to the podium. He looks dressed up, in white dress shirt and a black tie. Black jeans with shoes and his hair jelled back off his face.

"Mr. Hyland have you ever physically, sexually, or verbally abused Saphrin Hyland in the past?" the judge asks.

"No"

A dead straight lie.

"Do you have any evidence that Saphrin is lying?"

"Yes"

My heart stops beating. How on earth does he have any evidence?

"I have a tape, of me and Saphrin talking a week ago about her mothers death. We are getting along perfectly fine and there is no physical contact"

I watch as my dad passes the tape to the judge to be played by the officials. I have no clue what is on this recording or what I am doing but I never saw my dad since the airport.

The officials watched and scanned it for around ten minutes before they tell the judge wether it's real or not.

"Okay, Mr. Hyland the video is clear evidence of you and Saphrin, yet we might still need more information"

"Fine, ask any teacher Saphrin has had in the past about parent teacher interviews or meetings, I was always the one to bring her there and have the discussion"

That's because you would beat me right before we left and tell me to be a good little bitch or I will get it again after. I would say that, but I can't speak without the judge telling me too.

"Okay Mr. Hyland, do you agree to take Saphrin with the supervision of an officer for 10 hours a day"

"Yes"

"Do you agree that you will be under probation for the next 12 months and if anything places on your perminate record then you will be sent to jail and Saphrin will be givin to the Dallas family"

"Yes"

This is when my heart starts racing through my body and my thoughts all tie in a knot.

"Okay Mr. Hyland, you officially have full custody over Saphrin."

__________________________________