Chapter Forty-Eight

West Coast

Chapter Forty-Eight

Saphrin's POV

I woke up and Cameron wasn't beside me. I noticed we were in his bed and he must have carried me up here after the movie. I was so tired I didn't even realize I feel asleep.

I walked downstairs and saw Cameron on his laptop while eating an apple.

"Hey Cam. Whatcha doing?" I sat down next to him.

"Editing my video." He focused on the screen. The way he edited his videos looked really hard. I've always wondered how they edit they're videos and now it looks complicated.

"That looks hard." I said, stating my opinion.

"It is. I don't know how I end up making it look so good." I nodded. From watching his videos, his editing was always on point.

"Sometimes I even have Nash do it because it gets to hard for me." I laughed and got a banana from the fruit basket.

"So what are we doing today." I asked.

"Well, Nash and his dad are putting up a swing set for Skylynn later today and they need our help."

"That sounds fun." Normally we struggle to find something to do but today was already planned.

"And then later we can go to he park and hangout if you want." He added.

"Yes! I would love that!" I always loved going to parks and having picnics, I thought they were fun and relaxing.

"More like a picnic if you want." I nodded and kissed his cheek. I saw a smile form and he turned to me.

"We are going over at 12:30 and it's 11:00 right now." Cameron said.

"Okay. I have some time." I ran upstairs and decided to go on my phone.

I had a text from my mom and a bunch of Instagram and Twitter notifications. I opened my moms text first.

From Mom: Hey sweetie! I got a business call and I'll be gone to San Diego for 3 days! Be safe and there's 550$ under the fridge.

I nodded and text her back,

To Mom: Okay! Have fun, I miss you and be safe too. I love you.

I went on Instagram until I had nothing else to do. It was now 12:00 pm and I decided to get ready. I ran downstairs and saw Cameron on the couch still on his laptop.

"I'm going to my house. I'll be back soon." He nodded and waved bye as I closed the door. I ran across the street and burst through my door.

I jogged up the stairs and opened my closet. I pulled out an Asphalt Tee and some Volcom shorts while topping it off with an Obey SnapBack. I walked to my bathroom and examined my makeup. It was decent along with my hair.

I slipped on my Jays and walked downstairs. I grabbed my house keys, some money and my phone. I turned off the lights and locked the door.

I knocked on Cameron's door and it opened immediately.

"Hey bae." He joked.

"Hahaha ready?" He nodded and took my hand. He opened my door and helped me into the car. He started driving the car and it took off down the road.

- - -

~Don't take swing set instructions from me, this is made up~

"So where's the instructions?" Nash said getting madder by the second.

"On top of the box dummy." Cameron stated.

"Whatever." Nash smarted and picked up the instructions.

"NASHY HURRY UP!" Skylynn screamed.

"I'm trying Sky." He reassured.

"Okay what goes first." I asked.

"Well it says to tie the swing to the top board." Nash read. Cameron picked up the swing and hooked it onto the wood board and looked back at Nash for the next step. Nash rolled his eyes and continued.

"Step two, screw the two side boards onto the main board." I picked up the two boards considering I was closest. I handed them to Cameron and he took the screwdriver and screwed them in.

"Third step is to screw the rock wall steps to the deck." Cameron screw them in and made sure they were in good.

"Next is to, screw the four main planks to the deck." Nash picked up the planks and tossed them one by one to Cameron. He was done in a matter of seconds. This isn't as hard as I thought it would be.

"Then take the swinging bar and hook that up to the top board." I handed Cameron the bar and he hooked them in.

"Six, take the slide and drill it into the side chosen of the main deck." I placed the slide against the deck and held it in place while Cameron drilled it tight.

"Seventh, drill the railing onto the side if all four side of the deck." I again held them in place while Cameron drilled them to the deck.

"Last, drill the pier against the other side of the main deck." Nash read slowly. After that he continued.

"And take the two supporters and screw them under the pier to the deck." It confused me at first and then I finally got it.

Nash climbed to the top and pulled a flag out of his back pocket. He glued it into a small drilled hole and untangled the flag. It was a pink flag that I'm guessing Skylynn had designed. It displayed many small horses and it said across the front, 'Sky's Castle'.

I glanced over at Skylynn and her face lit up. She jumped up and down and hugged Nash. It was so cute. She ran up the stairs and slid down the slide.

"That was easy." Cameron said and I nodded at the structure we just built that only took 20 minutes.

Chad walked out and patted Nash and Cameron on the back.

"Nice job guys!" He looked at the set.

"Well I better get home, I have to feed Charlie." I stated turning to Cameron.

He wrapped his arm around waist and kissed my forehead. We started walking to the car after we said our goodbyes.

"Thanks for helping!" Chad yelled.

"See you later Cameron!" Nash screamed.

I laughed as Cameron helped me up and into the car. I was suddenly so tired I feel asleep on the way home.

-----------------------------------------

Hello! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 10K READS! ITS SOO AMAZING! I CANNOT DESCRIBE IT, I WAS IN THE CAR AND I STARTED FREAKING OUT AND I FELT LIKE JUMPING OUT THE WINDOW. So yeah, thanks so much, I love you all. Here was your 10k update! -C xo.
{ 7/1/2014 }
New Goal= 10.5k reads

Please everyone go read my other fanfic, it's a Ben Wimmer and I really want to get it to 60 reads! Thanks and please.

• Vote - Comment - & Follow •