Shift

[AU where they've just figured out how to shape shift]

"And then I was just thinking about fluffy puppies and I just really wanted to be one and then next thing you know- bam!" Patton wagged his tail happily.

"You're...a puppy...?" Logan blinked in disbelief.

"Yup!" Patton barked happily.

"But...why?" Logan furrowed his brow.

"I just explained that, silly!" Patton lolled out his tongue.

"No but- you could be anything- and you chose a puppy?" Logan was having a hard time wrapping his head around this.

"Not just a puppy, a fluffy puppy!" Patton yelped excitedly.

"Well I think it suits your personality quite wonderfully, Patton." Roman smiled.

"It's okay." Virgil shrugged.

"As if you could do better Mr.Frown." Roman huffed.

"Bet I could." Virgil shrugged.

"Turn into a bird." Logan fixed his glasses on his face.

"Fine!" Virgil closed his eyes and focused hard on the animal, biting his lip in frustration and begging that he wouldn't ruin this and end up wrong- if there was one thing, one more thing, that Virgil hated- it was being wrong.

"Oh my stars!" Roman gasped.

Virgil blinked in confusion, "What-?" He shut his trap when he heard his voice come out in a squeaky, airy voice.

"You're adorable!" Roman squealed.

Patton was spinning circles, wagging his tail, "Virgils tiny!"

Logan snickered, "That he is."

Virgil looked down and his eyes widened in horror as he looked at his form. He was tiny, little baby Raven that still had some fluff on the feathers, "Sh-shut up!" And his higher voice wasn't helping with his embarrassment.

Roman came skipping towards Virgil and picked him up delicately in his hands, holding him in his flat palms as to not crush him and lifting him to his face, the others crowding their faces around soon after.

If Virgil could blush, his face would be a tomato.

"He's so fluffy!" Roman gasped.

"And teensy!" Patton woofed.

"And he has a nice wing span." Logan nodded.

Roman nuzzled his nose with Virgil's beak, "Who's a widdle birdy, who's a widdle birdy!"

"Shut up or I'll peck your face off, princey boy." Virgil chirped angrily.

"You can turn back whenever you please, Virgil, so stop complaining." Logan turned to Patton who was hastily chasing his tail, "That goes for you too."

Patton stopped and thumped into a sitting position with a whimper, "I don't want to, though."

"You're a grown man, Patton, you can't stay like that forever." Logan rubbed his temple in annoyance.

"But if I do then I can do this!" Patton barked and leapt up, grabbing Logan's glasses in his jaws and bounding away.

"Stop it! Come back here at once!" Logan went chasing after the pup, "You'll get dog saliva all over them- Patton!" In a moment they both disappeared around the corner.

Roman snickered before turning back to the small being, hardly as big as one of his fists, "You should stay like this all the time, it makes you all the more bearable."