Gay Means Happy

[Happy National Coming out Day!! -10/11/17]
[I decided I'll write this chapter for the occasion]

[So for the occasion...Here's some Logicality]

[It'll he short however]

Logan sat back in his swivel chair and pressed his glasses up to his forehead, sighing contently at the quiet relief of, well, quiet.

However, this could never last of course.

Logan yelped a second later when his door was slammed open, "E EQUALS MC SCARED- WHAT IN THE NAME OF-" Logan stopped when he saw it was Patton and immediately set his book down to put his hand up to his heart to feel the racing beat, "Dear god, could you at least knock once and awhile?"

"Sorry!" Patton squeaked.

"What's so important that you had to raise my blood pressure?" Logan crossed his arms.

Patton opened his mouth up to answer but then forgot what he had to say, "I dunno' actually."

This just further increased Logan's annoyance, "Well why don't you come back later when you've remembered- and practice knocking." Logan suggested.

"Nah, it's fine! I don't mind staying." Patton shut the door, causing Logan to flinch at the loud noise. Patton then proceeded towards the other trait's filing cabinet and opened the bottom drawer, there being a stack of pillows and blankets that made up a small bed. He sat himself down in it and waved to Logan with a smile.

Logan sighed, turning around in his chair to look at Patton, "So?"

"So?"

"I don't know...you're just...starin-"

"Are you gay?" Patton asked bluntly.

Logan blinked in surprise, "That's- quite a straight forward question...Thomas is...homosexual, so why would I not be?"

"Well, Roman says he's undecided so...does that mean we have to have a unique sexuality?" Patton cocked his head.

"Not necessarily..." Logan sat back in his chair, "I suppose since we're all aspects of Thomas' personality that we all have a bit of Thomas in us as he has a bit of us in himself. So hypothetically that would mean we all have a bit of gay in ourself and how we identify depends on each of us as an aspect."

"That was...my brain hurts." Patton chuckled.

"Your brain can't physically hurt from that but-" Logan shook his head, "Never mind. Essentially, we all do find attraction to the same gender, but if we find attraction to the opposite gender or any other gender or person, that's unique to us- does that make sense?"

Patton nodded slowly, "I guess, yeah...but- so, that does mean you're gay though then right? Since- you said we're all gay sorta?"

"That's...not what I said exactly...but yes." Logan nodded.

"Okay!" Patton squeaked, "I remember my question then!"

"What was that?" Logan inquired.

"Do you like me?"

Logan blinked in surprise, "Why wouldn't I? We all like you, Patton."

Patton sighed with a small smile, "No I mean...like me?"

"Like you?" Logan repeated.

Patton thought for a moment before coming up with a solution, "Are you attracted to me?"

Logan processed this question for a moment before his features grew a light shade of red, "O-h!"

"Oh?" Patton found himself sharing the same skin-tone.

"I guess I've...never thought of that...or..." Logan shook his head, "No. That's a lie, I have thought about that, but, to be in a relationship...I've seen the way the rest of you react to my actions towards...love...and it isn't exactly a fond reaction. Why would you...do you feel attracted to me?"

Patton paused before nodding, "Uh-huh!"

This further darkened Logan's facial features, "Why is that?"

Patton frowned in thought, "Well...you can't describe someone you love." Patton chuckled and tried to think again, "It's just kinda' like...butterflies, ya' know?"

"Butterflies...?" Logan inquired.

"Butterflies!" Patton giggled, "Like bein' nervous? Around you? I guess?"

"That...is a sign of attraction I suppose." Logan found himself smiling but didn't quite know why, "And I do seem to share that feeling with you as well, Patton."

Patton perked up and his eyes shined, "Really?"

Logan smiled with a soft chuckle at the other's instant excitement, "Very much so. I...like you too, Patton."

Patton wore a smile from ear to ear and instantly leapt up, jumping at Logan and knocking them both down.

Logan squeaked in surprise as he felt himself hit the ground, not that it hurt though.

"Yay!" Patton squealed, immediately pressing small pecks across Logan's face.

Logan soon found himself laughing with what joy he could find in his heart. Joy. It was a rare feeling for him, well, he found joy in algebra, and joy in one-upping Roman. But never joy in another person. It was different...

But different was joyful.

[Did anyone catch my reference to the play A streetcar named Desire ?]