Your Sash

[periwinkle_moonlight You know what this is don't you?]
[Peri and I came up with this idea at some point in time-- who knows why but here's a beautiful creation of sleep-drunk and sashes 👌]

It had started as just a once and awhile thing, maybe a few days here and there. But it hadn't originated from nowhere, how could it?

Virgil and the others had been around junior year when it started.

Virgil was sleeping when there was a loud gasping noise through the wall of his room. He groaned and rolled towards the wall, banging his fist on it, "Keep it down, drama queen!" Virgil sank back into his comforter and closed his eyes to try and fall asleep again. He did achieve this at first, and was just about to doze off when a loud, dramatic sob came from Roman's room. Virgil's eyes shot open and let out a growl as he threw his comforter off and stormed out the door, slamming it behind him. He ducked down and reappeared in Roman's room a few moments later, "People are trying to take a nap, you know?" Virgil blinked in confusion as he saw Roman on the floor, sashes scattered all around him, "What are you doing in he-"

"It's not here!" Roman cried out, fanning himself with his hands as he tried to calm down, turning on his knees to look up at Virgil.

"What? Your dignity?" Virgil scoffed.

"My sash!" Roman sank farther to the ground.

"They're literally everywhere..." Virgil furrowed his eyebrow.

"No! I mean my Twenty-Third Sash!" Roman took in a deep breath and let out another sob of anguish.

Virgil rubbed his temple as he tried to sympathize, "There are literally sashes everywhere and you're worried about that sash?"

"But this one was my favorite." Roman fell onto his back.

Virgil could have left if he wanted to, it would have been acceptable too, coming from him at least. However, he couldn't-- because he was the one that had taken the sash.

I didn't know it was his favorite sash- son of b-
He had used for Princey the Bear's sash and cut it up, so there was no way of returning it now- and Virgil really didn't want to admit that he had deliberately been in Roman's room without his permission.

"This will look fine, just put one on." Virgil suggested.

"It's not the same! That sash was made of silk- these are all silk and cotton- mixed!" Roman threw his hands up in the air.

"Oh my lord- just- suck it up." Virgil waved his hand in suggestion.

"I don't want to though...I loved that sash..." Roman frowned, "These are backups I suppose though...okay..."

"Yep." Virgil nodded, the guilt growing, "Are we done here?" Virgil wanted to get out of here before he confessed what he'd done.

"I won't bother you anymore." Roman sighed.

"Good." Virgil turned around and waved dismissively, dipping down and then back into his room a moment later. He could feel the fraction of a heart in his chest ache as he heard the sound of distress and defeat rise up from Roman's room, and it didn't help that he was staring directly at the bear on his bed that had that very sash on, though a smaller version as to fit the bear. Virgil could feel the guilt growing and growing until he was all too familiar with the thumping in his chest. He bit his lip as he came up with a solution, letting out an audible groan at just the thought. Virgil then proceeded towards the bear to touch its sash and examine exactly how the fabric looked and felt and then nodded.

***

Roman woke up the next morning with sorrow still nagging at his heart as he knew a not so comfortable sash would be waiting for him in his closet, "Alas...all must deal with loss..." Roman let out a small sniffle, "I shall not let this be my end- not today! Who needs a silly old sash any-WAY!" Roman let out a shriek of joy as he saw a particularly red sash shine out from all the others, though if anyone but he were to look at the differences, they may only be able to spot a slight change in hue.

Roman dashed forward and grabbed his sash, hugging it tightly to his chest with giggles of pure joy, "My stars! I missed you so much!" Roman kissed the sash over and over as he rejoiced before putting it around his shoulder and on, then hugging it close to his chest, "You don't know how much I love you." Roman beamed, responding to his sash. He then stopped for a moment as he caught sight of all the other sashes, as if they were looking at him, "Not that any of you aren't special- I just- silk!" Roman laughed awkwardly but bit his lip in dismay as he felt ashamed of loving one sash over the others. He sighed and hugged his sash one last time, "I suppose I'll have to take turns now then?" Roman frowned, "Equally..." Roman paused a minute to turn away from the sashes and place a final kiss to the sash he wore, "I swear you'll always be my favorite- just don't tell the others." Roman whispered before gently removing the sash from his shoulder and placing it delicately on his bed, begrudgingly putting on sash number one, "Good day to all of thee." Roman bowed and closed his closet before heading towards the door and shutting it behind him.

A few moments later, the sash on the bed twitched, and twitched some more, before transforming into a red, blushing mess of a teen.

Virgil could feel his heart absolutely racing and his cheeks flush, matching the color of his previous sash shape shift.

Every twenty-three Days Virgil would remember to become Sash Twenty-Three, and mysteriously vanish from the others' sight- little did they know.