Floors [Logicality]

[Heres a short blip]
Logan walked down the hallway with his nose deep in a textbook when he was disturbed by a quiet whimpering noise coming from the main room; he dismissed it at first as it stopped after awhile before going back to reading and walking, feeling very rebellious that he was doing such a dangerous thing as to walk while looking down at an object, it was quite thrilling. Then the whimpers started up again and Logan sighed, closing his book with a grunt before slinking into the main room, "Who is-?"

There was a loud shriek, "LoGaN nO!"

Logan leapt back, "E EQUALS MC- Patton- great Scott, what's wrong?" He fixed his glasses correctly onto his face before stopping in the doorframe to see the other curled up in a ball on the couch, rocking back and forth while staring down at the floor.

"I-it- I-I-"

"Patton?" Logan took a step forward.

"STEP BACK!" Patton screamed and Logan hastily did so.

"What in the name of Starclan is wrong, Patton?"

"I- I j-just realize that- w-well- I was mad because I stubbed my t-toe on the couch a-and then kicked it a-and then I said sorry a-and then put my foot down b-but then I realized that w-we're always stepping and s-stomping and s-sitting on the floor a-and it probably hurts it s-so much." Patton's voice was pitched with absolute sadness.

Logan frowned, "Patton, the floor is a mere tool as so we don't- well, it's a flat surface in which we-"

"IT HURTS THE FLOOR!" Patton wailed out.

Logan sighed, "Patton- you can't just...not touch the floor forever?"

"I-I could j-jump from object to- NO THAT WOULD HURT THE OBJECTS- HOLY SHMOKES LO IM HURTING THE COUCH BY SITTING ON IT WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!"

Logan slightly face-palmed before looking around and then sighing, "Well...Patt um...maybe the um, floor isn't like...us?"

"Wh-what do you mean?" Patton sniffled.

"What if the floor is okay with uh, being stepped on because it knows it's its job?"

"H-how?"

"Well, think about it like this. Anxiety himself goes through plenty of pain each day as he tries to balance Thomas' emotions, right?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"He's still here, is he not?"

"Y-yeah..."

"And he enjoys it?"

Patton gave a weak smile, "He w-on't admit it but- Y-yeah."

"So, by you not walking on the floor you're disrespecting its job."

"OH MY GOLLIE GOSH LOGAN I CAN NEVER LIFT MY FEET FROM THE FLOOR AGAIN IM SO SORRY!"

"Oh my fuc-"

*****

Inspired by:

Hm also would y'all want a filtered picture of ma face? Idk, I can't offer much fanfic wise until finals are over-Jay

-Jay