The Bear

[Sorry for not updating in awhile- I haven't been able to think of things to write for this, if you have any ideas feel free to comment : ) ^]

It wasn't Virgil didn't like being in Roman's room, he honestly loved it. It was just that with each aspects room comes intensified feelings of that aspect. And with Roman being fanciful and creative and overall joyful most of the time. This wasn't the problem though, Virgil- though he'd never admit this usually- loved the feeling of happiness, it was rare for him it seemed but felt so warm and content in his chest. However, the problem was how he expressed his happiness. He had been in Roman's room once before, nobody was there thankfully- it was simply him stealing some Tim Burton posters and praying that Roman never found out, but when he got there...he instantly felt all, warm and fuzzy and just, happy.

Happy.

It was an odd feeling, almost like an isolated object that's emerging with that of the rest of the world and suddenly everything is brighter. Virgil could say he was almost addicted to this feeling. But, at the same time, it felt wrong. He felt like he didn't deserve to feel this way, and he didn't really want to feel this way while at the same time, it was all he ever wanted.

This wasn't the worst part though.

The longer Virgil searched for the poster out of the 101 posters, the cuddly feeling in his heart just kept festering, and while this intensified his happiness, it also intensified his emotions of compassion, empathy, and worst of all- love.

If Virgil hated admitting he was happy, he most certainly hated it even more to admit to actually feelings some sort of passion towards another, and that other being the very person who owned this room. The feeling got so bad that Virgil found himself smiling and almost skipping around the room, and the urges of love just kept growing and growing to the point where he felt like if he didn't hug something right there and then he might just explode. Of course, he still had enough sense to not hug one of the other aspects, knowing that would be the end of him mentally. His solution was simply picking up a teddy bear from the floor of the prince's room and dancing off with it, ducking into his room, teddy bear held to chest.

Virgil had to stay in his room for nearly a week to make sure all his emoness would recollect, though he concluded that it never truly did as to this day that teddy bear resides under his pillow and in his arms at night. Well, that's where it was at least. And thus bringing up Virgil's dread of Roman's room.

"I said no." Virgil growled.

"But it's mine!" Roman crossed his arms.

Virgil held the red-sashed bear to his chest in protection.

"It has my name on the tag!" Roman argued.

"Yeah, well it's been in my room for the past year- and you haven't seemed to bother to even notice!" Virgil glared.

"That was until I was setting up my collection of those bears and then- oh well look what we have here! The Prince bear is missing and ah I remember- the angsty teen took it!" Roman stomped his foot.

"It's not my fault you neglected your teddy." Virgil shrugged.

Roman groaned, "Just give it back."

"No." Virgil stated firmly.

"You leave me no choice then." Roman sighed, turning towards Virgil's bed and dashing forward, snatching up his purple-plaid patched jacket and quickly ducking out into his room.

Virgil's eyes widened in dismay and rage and he quickly stuffed the teddy bear in his pocket and ducked down immediately after his beloved attire. He emerged a few moments later in Roman's room, wincing at the brightness before being tackled to the ground with a yelp.

"Huzzah!" Roman declared, grabbing the bear from Virgil's pocket.

Virgil felt his heart break as the bear was taken from him and his jacket was simply tossed back to him as Roman moved off of him and towards his shelf of Royal bears.

Roman triumphantly placed the bear on a high shelf and turned back to mock Virgil, only to look in shock to see the other aspect with tears in his eyes.

Virgil had nearly forgotten that while the room may intensify joy at times, it can also intensify passion, such as passion towards a sentimental object or person.

Roman furrowed his brow in confusion, "Virgi-?"

Virgil held his jacket tight as he felt himself break inside, hating this god awful room once again.

"It's just a bear, Virg." Roman felt guilt rising in him.

Virgil blinked away the couple of tears and tried to make out the words of You're right, it's a stupid bear- but something in him wouldn't let him, and he knew he'd regret what he'd say, "Princey."

"What?"

"No- I mean." Virgil sighed as he tried to bite his tongue, but the tug of the room wouldn't allow such a thing, "The bear's name is Princey."

Roman felt his heart lurch, in surprise, embarrassment, compassion- all of the above.

Virgil let himself fall forward a bit to push his face into his knees, watching as Roman turned away and trotted over to his closet. He hugged his knees to his chest as the familiar feeling of love and longing hit him. His question was- longing for what? The bear or R-

"Here." Roman handed Virgil a bear, but it wasn't Princey the bear, "Be careful with it but look."

Virgil looked up at the bear in his hand and was taken aback at its appearance. It was a black bear with a purple-plaid patched hoodie.

"You surely noticed Princey the bear's resemblance to my outfit, hm?" Roman smiled shyly, "I said I was setting things up...It was- well- Patton gave these to me as a gift a few Christmases ago." Roman shrugged and nodded over to two other bears, both having glasses and looking similar to that of Logan and Patton, "I told him that I got lonely in here sometimes I suppose and-" Roman shook his head, "It was a sweet gesture but I didn't display them out of embarrassment." Roman confessed, "I don't know why I'm rambling about this anyway I just-"

"What's this one's name?" Virgil pointed to the black bear in his hand.

Roman's face turned a few hues redder, "Well you of course, I mean-"

"I didn't name Princey the Bear after your name, I named him after your nickname- now what's the bear's name?" Virgil smirked.

Roman felt the heat collecting at his cheeks, "...Hot topic." He shrugged.

Virgil grinned, "That's adorable."

This didn't help the color of Roman's face.

Virgil leaned forward and paused before hugging Roman.

Roman blinked in surprise but smiled fondly and hugged Virgil back nonetheless.

"You're... pretty hot yourself there, Prince." Virgil snickered.

"Shut up!" Roman squeaked and pushed Virgil back seriously.

Virgil smiled, staring down towards his feet before awkwardly asking, "Can I...keep Princey the bear...please?"

Roman grinned, mockingly, "You wuv me?"

Virgil thought for a moment for a sly comeback,

"Yeah, I do."