M'lady: Part 1

[Based on my wish that if I ever shall be in a relation turn that I'm just going to call them 'M'lady all.the.time.]

Royal AU [And lets go and break the standard of Prince x Maid just a TAD bit, tad bit]

"There- it's right there." Roman pointed to the window where the spider crawled.

"Roman...as the head of the knight guild, you've slain dragons, and witches- and dragon witches." Virgil frowned.

"And as the head of the royal labor staff, you've slain spiders and cobwebs, so I should hope you can do your job." Roman crossed his arms.

Virgil sighed and crossed the chamber's room towards the window, taking out a piece of papyrus and smacking it down on the spider, then turning around to go fetch some water and cloth to wipe up the smeared remains of the spider, "Honestly, I come here nearly every other day with how many spiders I kill. Can you not, I don't know, deal with it yourself?" He paused as he heaved open the metal-gate door.

"I work hard enough protecting this kingdom all day, a simple spider or two is a burden to me, so why kill it myself when I have a castle who's in debt to me, and a whole cleaning staff at that, so for me, ringing a bell is easier than crossing the room." Roman shrugged.

"That is the single most laziest sentence I have ever heard." Virgil exited the room.

Roman sighed with a small smile creased on the edge of his lip as he leaned back in his feather-bed. He chuckled fondly as he looked to the window that was protected by a few bars, one of the bars still having the spider remains there. He leaned against the stone brick-wall to support his back before training his eyes on the door. It was true, he probably could kill the spider himself, and he would have, and used to, that is, until Virgil.

***

[A few weeks back]

Roman sighed contently as he opened his eyes from a pleasant dream. It had been a heroic dream as well, of course. He had saved a young lad from a vicious dragon-witch and found his dream self living happily ever after With said lad afterwards as well.

Contrary to popular belief, Roman had no care for saving and winning the hand of princesses. Nor females in general. It was a strange feeling at first for him, especially considering the consequences of such feelings.

Roman glances out at the pole outside that had scorch marks from its last victim of a witch hunt.

However, Roman couldn't find a way to conceal these feelings, so he simply kept them at bay until he could day dream about what might be, or might have been, if such silly rules of love were to be bound on those who lived under the law of thou Majesty. He saw it as something interestingly wrong, he knew it was wrong and taboo to love the same gender, yet he didn't see why. Of course, Roman's parents had always taught him of the disgusting manors that should never go on between men. But, he failed to see how manors of love could be called disgusting? If a girl could like a boy...why could she not also like a girl...? If a girl were to like a boy for who they were and then love them...and the boy then confessed that they were a girl in disguise, which Roman had dealt with plenty in the royal guard, would it not still be love? Despite their gender? Wouldn't love...be love?

It was absolutely stupid to Roman and left him feeling quite empty in the morning. Empty when he opened his eyes from a world where love was indeed love. "Absolutely stupid," he would say- in his mind of course.

In his mind, of course.

"Who...me?" A voice came from the entrance of the room.

Roman looked up, quite startled to see a boy around his age at the entrance to his chamber, assuming it was a knight's apprentice he fixed a confused look on his face, "These are...private chambers, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave..."