Hidden Hoodie

[An actual chapter?? It's more likely than you think...]
***

Virgil stared down at his trembling hands as another sob raked through his body. He quickly held his knees to his chest and buried his face in them.
He wanted nothing more than to just disappear.
"Utter shit..." Virgil hissed, "Today has been c-complete, and utter shit..."
As part of Thomas, Virgil usually felt uncomfortable swearing, but it was true, today had been fairly terrible.

He lifted his head so he slammed down on the wall he was curled up against in his room, staring at the ceiling above, barely viable in the dim-lit room.

He smiled slightly, sarcastically, "It's a miracle I haven't done anything, you know."

"Such as...?" An ominous voice cackled quietly from across Virgil.

Virgil looked to the side, dismissing the voice as casual, "I want to disappear."

"He hurt you..."

"I know."

"They all hurt you."

"I know."

"Nobody loves you."

"I'm aware, Deceit!" Virgil snapped.

This simply only made the snake-faced man grin with pleasure, "It's my job to voice your thoughts, Virg, all I'm doing is stating the facts," he stood up, "You're a Nobody...a coward- you can't even tell him..."

"Stop..." Virgil whispered.

Deceit took a step forward, "You're hiding behind that hood of yours again, just as you do with that sarcasm, all the time."

"Shut up."

"You can't even tell him how you really feel!" Deceit sneered as he now towered over the broken boy.

Virgil dug his nails into his scalp, "Go away!"

"Stop pretending, Dear...you want me here..."

"What?"

"You want to make yourself feel bad- like always- you want to make yourself feel like it's your fault- like always- you want to feel like a failure so you can pretend like this is all in your head when in reality, you're still just a loser!" Deceit screamed with a smirk.

This snapped Virgil on the inside and he crumbled into a silent heap of sheer pain.

Deceit turned around, "I don't just tell lies, Virgil...I speak thoughts...your thoughts." And with that, he vanished, leaving the corrupt teen on the floor.

Virgil looked at the door through blurry eyes before closing them.

He then saw Roman burst and cried out in relief.

"V-Virgil? What's wrong? How can I help?" Roman fell to his knees beside Virgil.

Virgil just shook his head.

Roman hoisted the boy into his lap and lightly brushed his bangs out of his face, "It's okay, I'm here, I'm here..."

Virgil smiled warmly up at the prince who returned the gesture.

A loud knock made Virgil slowly open his eyes. He rubbed the tears away and sat up in the empty room, pulling his hood close to his face to cover it in shadows, "Come in!" He called.

"Hey, kiddo!" Patton called from where he stood in the door, "Dinner's Ready!"

Roman nodded from beside Patton, "Indeed, it looks scrumptious." He grinned.

"Just a minute." Virgil hummed.

"Alright, take your time, kid." Patton giggled before closing the door.

Virgil looked at his hand. It was dry and cold,
Unlike Roman's
Unlike Patton's
Because Virgil had seen the way they had held hands in the doorway.
The way they sat together
The way they acted
The way they were

And it hurt.

Perhaps deceit was right...

In which case,

Virgil was more than happy that he had his hoodie to hide it all.

***

////

I had a complete and utter shite filled day and this was essentially a vent chapter! It's short but meaningful to Virgil as a character! I figured I'd vent best through a Virgil chapter, so here it is! I'd love to say I feel better but in all honesty, I really don't, but hey! I'm sure tomorrow will be better, I hope it is, so hope is better than nothing :)
I hope you guys are having wonderful days and if you're not then I want you to know I love you and just know that you are valued and valid and you being you should only matter to you. Love who you want, take a chance, or don't, go with the flow, go at YOUR pace :)
-Jay 💚