Withdrawal: Part 3

TW: Dark themes and pain

Patton yelped and grabbed Logan's hand, pulling him away from the entrance to Virgil's room.

"What in the name of Scott was that?" Logan gave an alarmed look to Patton after hearing the shriek.

"I don't know, but look!" Patton whined as he pointed to the floor.

Black, practically pure darkness, was weeping out from under Virgil's door, slowly making its way towards Logan and Patton.

Patton turned his fear-stricken face to Logan, "I'm pretty sure we should interfere now, Lo."

"I- but they-" Logan stuttered.

"We're the magnetic force, now what the heck is that!?" Patton clung to Logan's waist as the liquid darkness came closer.

Logan winced, "I'm not sure...but something tells me it certainly isn't good."

"Wh-what do we do?" Patton fretted as he leapt up.

Logan thought for a moment before nodding curtly, "I'll go get Roman, you try and reason with Virgil...I'm sure he's the source of this."

"W-why me?" Patton swallowed nervously.

"Because you're his least least favorite." Logan sighed as he ducked down.

———

Logan appeared in front of Roman's door a few moments later, but was surprised to find something similar. There was a dark-grey pattern that was swirling and spreading from Roman's room. Logan paused before bending down and touching the grayness. He stuttered as a stab of what felt like loneliness and despair shocked his body. He quickly lifted his finger and tapped the gray area with the toe of his shoe. The feeling was still there but less with the barrier of black leather around his foot. Logan nodded before taking a breath and lifting a foot, kicking hard against the door a few times before it swung open. His eyes widened in surprise as he saw Roman's room, and the state he was in.

———

"K-kiddo?" Patton opened Virgil's door carefully, shuttering as the thick, black substance pooled around his feet. He looked around at the ominous darkness and saw that the liquid was seeping from the walls, that being the source. He looked around worriedly and his face dropped in horror as soon as he caught sight of Virgil.

———

"Dear, lord...what have you done to yourself?" Logan whispered as he approached Roman.

Roman's room was completely gray and solemn. As for Roman- So was he.

"...What...?" Roman turned to Logan who let out a little gasp.

"Your eyes!" Logan shuttered. Roman was a variety of hues of gray, and to replace his pupils were two, dark grey circles. Logan slowly approached Roman with caution, "What...happened to you?"

"What do you mean...?" Roman's expression didn't change.

"Look at yourself! You're- you appear to be absolutely dull..." Logan's voice was etched with concern.

"Oh." Was all that Roman said.

Logan's heart-beat raced with worry, "Roman you need to fix yourself."

"Fix...myself?"

"You need to-" Logan couldn't wrap his head around this, "You need Virgil!"

———

"Kiddo...what happened to you?" Patton's eyes welled with tears as he approached Virgil.

Virgil was letting out multiple pants of effort from his bed. The black liquid was pooling around him and covered him like a spider's web.