Winged AU

Before we start: This is unfinished but I wanted to give it to you guys anyway :) It'll have a bolded resolution, but first: IMPORTANT NEWS:

I love Prinxiety a lot but I think I'm going to end this book in about 9 or 10 chapters on its 100th part and start my Lams book because I feel inspired for a new book right now—
I'll try to make the 100th one REALLY GOOD and LONG and not have it end in cliche marrying unless you guys want that?? Then my wish is your command because you all R O C K but yeah, I may continue this every now and then?? But my final steady update will be the 100th, and I know there are some requests that I haven't done but also I just am feeling a bit uninspired w/ prinxiety so just feel free to comment with a general idea, not a plot "^^ But a simple idea such as "Kid AU" or "Cuddles" etc. and if someone has commented with something you like then just reply with "I second this" or something :)

Love,
Jay ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Society is divided up into two groups.

The brown winged.

And the black winged.

Also known as the Oaks and the Ebonies.

Both sides are creatures like that of winged humans, Avians. On one side are the Oaks, a sort of Royal, upper-class society where the avians born of brown and white feathers live. On the other side are the Ebonies, a sort of peasant, lower-class society where the Avians born of black and white feathers live.

The oaks and the ebonies have been separated by a fence for generations, of origins unknown. The Ebonies are forced to wear an electric ankle band from the moment they are born, ensuring that they don't escape, and shocking them if they go over said fence; but, other than that, what's keeping them from trying?

***

Virgil found himself often by the gate, he hardly knew why most of them time, he just knew that it was the one place that nobody else would dare come close to, in fear of being shocked or accused of tress-passing. Virgil could care less though, he didn't really care one way or another if he was caught, unlike others he found that he was able to endure a great amount of pain, having been used to little shocks he got simply by staying a foot away from the gate. Though he didn't care much for either side of the gate, he had to wonder what kind of foolish people had decided race over peace was the answer and set it up in the first place, however, Virgil dealt with it along with everyone else, but there seemed to be one avian in particular that was finding the gate quite frustrating as well.

***

Roman saw the boy everyday. Every single day he saw Virgil walk along the gate on the other side, twitching every few seconds as he received some shocks from his collar. Roman felt around his neck with a sigh, thankful that he himself didn't have to wear a collar. It was interesting to Roman though that Virgil and the Ebonies had to wear the collars.

Since Roman was a mere hatchling, he had always been told stories of how Ebonies were nasty avians who were born with a soul as dark as their wings, with large talons and fearsome, toothy grins, that they used to swallow Oaks whole for breakfast! This was why the Oaks waged war against the Ebonies and captured the majority of their species. Roman had also been told the Ebonies were given collars for their own benefit, that it helped control their outbursts and thus would make them happier.

That was before Roman joined the Royal Avian Guard and was given the job of patrolling the west gate on a daily basis to make sure no Ebonies escaped or tried to at the very least; but, since Roman had scene the border, he knew he had been told all lies. Ebonies were enslaved and treated like absolute trash, they weren't happy, they were contained, like pests, like wild animals! Roman had observed Virgil in particular on his daily routine, the boy was around his age, maybe a little younger, and he seemed absolutely harmless, but he also looked like he had lost all meaning in his life, that he was simply doing this to get a kick out of nothing, doing this to do this and that was it.

(Roman keeps watching Virgil until (TW) Virgil leans against the fence to essentially try and fatally wound himself and Roman swoops down to help and Virgil is a confused bean but Ro then asks what it's like to live as an Ebony and Virgil explains it, Roman has pity and starts bringing Virgil little shiny objects because—birds— and essentially they continue this way until they say they'll escape and they end up almost free until Virgil is caught by Ebonies and threatened to be killed but instead Roman offers himself up and tells Virgil to leave, hue, cliche drama, and Virgil while trying to free Roman frees the other imprisoned Avians but is too late when he reaches Roman but vows to start a better life and leaves with the other freed avians to start a new colony :])