Flustered Jackets

[Suggested by Roxy50Angel]

It had just become a thing now. Roman would come sleep over in Virgil's room as he so did please and Virgil would simply shrug and "begrudgingly" agree by shrugging and scooting over.

Of course, Roman always made sure to take in twice as much of his Royal Munchies as to stay balanced with the negative vibes that came with the room. He was slowly getting used to it, much like Virgil had, though Virgil himself fit with the room so it was easier for him.

Most nights would be spent with Virgil to his back to Roman, as if to ignore his presence, but all this ended up doing was prompting Roman cuddle up to Virgil and pull him to his chest. This worked out fine with Roman and if Virgil wanted to he could always move away-- but he never did.

However, sometimes Roman would overstep his boundaries, such as kissing the back of Virgil's head of even just whispering sentences of appreciation to him.

Virgil loved this of course but he wasn't about to let Roman catch onto this, so regretfully he had to tell him to back off with the gestures, which Roman respectively did, much to both of the aspects' disappointment.

And of course, tonight was one of those nights, but unlike previous times, Roman took a more indirect attempt at showing his compassion. Virgil was currently huddled up against the wall of the room and wasn't particularly in a sleepover mood, much like always but more so. So, Roman did the next best thing-

And stole his jacket.

Roman knew it was one of Virgil's most prized possessions, ranking in close to Princey the Bear- who was currently having his paw held by Virgil under his pillow. Neither Roman or Virgil tended to wear their second layer of clothing to sleep, it wasn't necessary as plain t-shirts worked out perfectly fine. Plus, Roman got to show off his dazzling white t-shirt that bore his gold and red emblem- though currently that shirt was once again covered up as he zipped up Virgil's patches jacket and snuggled into it, hugging himself and nuzzling the shoulder of the jacket.

Virgil soon took notice of this as he put together the realization of a zipper being pulled up, and turned over to see what he would call the cutest sight in the world. He could feel his heart melting and his cheeks heating up, despite Roman and him having the same face, he couldn't get over the fact of how absolutely adorable Roman looked cuddled up in his jacket. Nonetheless, he wouldn't allow himself to grow too love-struck in the matter and replaced his emotions of glee into stabs of bitterness, "Why do you have my jacket?" Virgil growled.

"Well you weren't exactly letting me hug you so- what better than your jacket? The thing is practically your second skin for goodness sake- and might I add it doesn't smell as rancid as I thought it would for such a worn thing."

Virgil furrowed his brow and sat up to loom over Roman, "For your information, I keep my jackets as clean as you do your pearly white smile, sir singalot."

Roman further buried himself into the folds of the plaid and black fabric, "Well I can see why you wear it so often, it's astoundingly comfortable."

"Well, duh, it's hand-made, custom- also meaning that it's valuable- so give it back." Virgil huffed.

Roman shrugged.

"Now." Virgil demanded.

"Nuh-uh." Roman shook his head.

Virgil glared and leaned over Roman to get a more powerful stance, "Or else."

"You've got nothing against me, angst." Roman rolled his eyes.

"I have your roman romances and feelings." Virgil suggested.

"Meaning?" Roman raised an eyebrow.

"You have two choices, give me the jacket now- or face me trying to be-" Virgil paused for a moment as he grimaced at the word, "Loving."

"What a god awful thing." Roman smirked sarcastically before sighing, "How about this, panic at the everywhere, if you're able to fluster me, you can have your jacket back, you have five minutes and if you don't, I get to sleep in it whenever I come over for sleepovers.

Virgil bit his lip in consideration before nodding, "Alright, you're on." He grinned as a plot formed in his mind.

"Try me- starting- now." Roman nodded.

Virgil kept his eyes locked with Roman's, simply staring at him for a solid minute. He could feel the growing awkwardness forming between them before Virgil played his first move and smiled warmly, leaning forward a small inch, though he said nothing. He then continued to look at Roman in the eye and let his smile slowly grow as if admiring the small details along the other's face. He finally leaned down to the point where their faces were nearly an inch apart, "You know what's heavier than your crown, Princey?" Virgil murmured, "My heart." He leaned his face down to seal the distance between the two's faces.

The jacket was returned in no time.