I'm Listening

Roman hummed to himself quietly in Virgil's room, awkwardly sitting on the beanbag in there, glancing up at Virgil every now and then who, currently, was sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone. Roman felt a frown tug on his lips as he tried to find a way to casually slip beside Virgil, to sit by him, talk to him, honestly anything.
However, there was no movement from the anxious aspect.
This further upset Roman who furrowed his brow and looked around for any little thing to point out that could start conversation with the other. He tried to find any thing of significance, but it was all simply black and purple decor, the same as usual.

They were both aware of the fact that they'd have to contribute to shooting a video within the next hour, so their time together was limited, but so far it had just been Virgil invested in his electronics and Roman trying to standout among the screen.
He wasn't exactly used to not being the star of the show, but here Virgil was, the one person in the world that could make Roman question for a moment whether he was actually as spectacular as he thought he was, or not.

To answer his question sooner than he thought, Roman heard a verbal snicker come from Virgil and instantly looked at the darker aspect.

As if on cue, Virgil looked up, and noticed Roman looking at him, instantly growing flustered, he cleared his throat, "Hey.."

"Hello." Roman nodded.
There was an awkward silence before Roman continued, "What are you...looking at?"

"Oh..." Virgil shook his head to snap out of his thoughts, pulling his phone back up to this face, "A...fanfiction, actually."

"Another Sanders Sides one?" Roman cringed slightly, what person in the right mind would find joy in writing about the Sanders Sides? Surely only a procrastinator with too much time on their hands.

"No, actually, Hamilton." Virgil stood up.

"Oh?" Roman felt a flicker of hope light up his chest.

"Yeah." Virgil cleared his throat, "Want to...see?"

Roman thought about this for a moment, knowing he would accept any subtle way to hang out with Virgil, but not wanting to come off as too desperate, "I suppose so.."

"Cool." Virgil shrugged before striding over to Roman and flopping down beside the royal aspect, now sharing the beanbag, "It's Laurens and Hamilton."

"Lams?"

Virgil nodded with a small smile, "It's a soulmate AU actually." Virgil's eyes seemed to glimmer with interest at what he was talking about and immediately launched into the concept while Roman stared at his determined, little face.

Roman felt his chest swell with pure admiration as Virgil seemed so glad to have a conversation about this.

"Here, I'll read some." Virgil suggested as he pulled his phone back out.

"Please do." Roman chuckled.

Virgil gave him a curious glance before finding the first chapter and beginning to read.

Roman listened to the gist of it, his hearing going muted and then now depending on how adorable Virgil's expressions were; How was he supposed to focus on what Virgil was reading when he was being so gosh darn precious while he was reading it?
That's when things went from a five to a fifteen as Virgil moved to lean against Roman in the most casually subtle of little leans.
Roman, however, was done with being subtle, and instead opted to full on wrap an arm around Virgil and pull him close.
Virgil went quiet for a moment before humming and continuing to read.
Roman was melting where he sat as he continued to half-listen to the story.
This right here, this was a moment Roman wanted to hold onto, to use against his negative thoughts, that even a prince could get on his darkest of days.
And then it came to a crashing halt when Virgil looked at Roman expectantly;
"So, what'd you...think of the story? I mean- not that I particularly care but like...what do you think?"

Roman felt his face go red as he was now at a loss for words, "Um...it was..."

"You weren't even listening, were you?" Virgil rolled his eyes but in more of an amused manor than what one might think.

"Of course I'm listening! I just..." Roman paused for a moment. He could say how absolutely transfixed he was on the excitement in Virgil's voice while reading this fic, or the fact that he was able to differentiate the characters in a perfectly perfect way, but again, didn't want to come off as too strong, "I just got distracted, that's all."

"Well, want me to read the next chapter?" Virgil asked.

Roman leaned his head gently against Virgil's head, "I would enjoy that, my chemically imbalanced romance."

Virgil snickered before scrolling to the next chapter while Roman prayed that this was a long book.

***
////
So tired but like needed to update this
Comment with requests if you have any!
-Jay🌟