Knight In Rainbow Armor

[Brought to you by Popular Demand]

"Wait- How is this- no. No. This isn't correct." Logan shook his head.

"I'm here though." Virgil shrugged.

"But, the statistics don't make sense! How is it...that today...you're early- and Roman hasn't shown up at all!" Logan huffed.

"With such a strong presence like mine, I'm always here wether I like it or not- I just like to piss you guys off by not physically appearing until later to spook y'all."

"Shouldn't we be worried though?" Patton frowned from where his stood in his corner of the living room.

"There's hardly any time for that, we need to get a jump on this week's video and get it up and posted when promised for once, Okay?" Logan sighed in his respective corner.

"Yeah, but...you're kinda' forgetting that he's literally the creative side...we can't come up with ideas without the creative side." Virgil shrugged.

"Why are we always in these kind of predicaments!?" Logan clenched his fists with a huff of annoyance.

"To provide entertainment to rea-"

"Because we're always fucked." Virgil said simply.

"Language, kiddo!" Patton grinned.

"Virgil, like you said earlier, while you're not always here physically, you're here mentally, that could be the case with Roman." Logan nodded.

"Considering the fact that we're all procrastinating and haven't a clue as to what we'll be filming, and that you guys saw that I can also just totally disappear, I would say ima'bout to stop functioning soon if this isn't fixed." Virgil stated simply with shrug.

"You say that so casually..." Logan sighed before shaking his head, "Fine! Fine. Go, fetch him."

"I never said I wanted to." Virgil crossed his arms.

"Come on, kiddo, don't be stubborn, even an ignorant fellow such as me knows you want to go check out what's up with him just as much as I want to get into my cat onesie right about now." Patton grinned before ducking down and reappearing with the onesie.

"Well, I- Ima just- Yeah Whatever." Virgil grumbled as he disappeared.

"What now?" Logan frowned.

"I think you know," Patton grinned as he pulled up the unicorn onesie.

"I'll set up the catwalk." Logan nodded.

***

Virgil wasn't quite sure what was wrong, Roman had been distant but that was nothing entirely new, the fanciful Aspect always seemed to find drama in the most unlikely of places, he was probably just moping on his bed about some chipped nail or other;

As it could have been predicated, this was not the case. Virgil opened Roman's door to find the other aspect emerged under a thick pile of blankets that trembled every few seconds.

Virgil couldn't help but frown as he heard loud breaths coming from the blankets atop Roman's bed. He slowly approached the aspect and sat down at his feet, hesitating before speaking, "Ro...man? You, uh, good?"

There was a sudden flinch from the blankets as Roman must not have realized that Virgil had entered.

There was silence before a nose poked out of the blankets, "Vir-gil- I Please- request th-at you kindly l-eave." Roman's voice was quiet.

Virgil was a bit surprised as Roman sounded genuine, and if he wanted attention from drama he would find some way to keep Virgil from moving as he began to exit the room. Virgil stopped at the door, tempted to exit the room before sighing and turning back around, "I hate to tell you this, but I'm staying."

There was a groan from the blankets as they shifted with subtle movement.

"...But, you've...helped me when I was stubborn, so...I'll...help you..." Virgil murmured as he strode up to Roman, "What's up?"

"Nothing." Roman murmured from under the blankets.

"Nothing? Nothing and you can't make it to a meeting?" Virgil inquired.

Roman was silent for a moment, "Please go away, Virgil..."

"How about, no?" Virgil suggested as he shifted to lay down next to the blanket heap that made up Roman.

"Virgil." Roman groaned.

"Here, I'll help you." Virgil grabbed the hem of the blankets that were piled up and slipped underneath them.

Roman blinked a few times in the darkness as he could feel that Virgil was in front of him now, he frowned, "Why...are you so- stub-born?" His voice was shaky.

"Stubborn and presistant, but because it's you— there was that cheesy enough? That's something you would say to calm me down- er, or help whatever is going on here..."

"I wish to be alone..."

"You don't, you really don't, I'm sure of that." Virgil sighed, "Do you mind if my hand touches you?"

Roman was quiet.

"I'll take that as a no." Virgil put his hand on Roman's shoulder and slowly began to rub circles onto it.

In a matter of second Roman went from independent to Codependent as he was quick to wrap his arms around Virgil and bury his face in the crook of the other's neck and let out tiny cries.

Virgil sighed in slight relief, "Good...it's...okay to cry... it's okay, Ro..."

Roman held onto Virgil tighter.

"Speak when you want t-"

"I'm-not- a good- person-" Roman chocked out.

"Come on...you...uh, know that's not true..." Virgil tried his best to be sentimental.

"I-it is though! I do- stupid, arrogant though not a-nd, I'm hurting Thomas, I'm hurting Logan and Patton- worst o-of all, Virgil, I'm hurting you..." Roman's voice was a small cry.

Virgil felt his heart break.

"I really do love you- I- couldn't- function without you... literally and emotionally... a-and I feel like- all I'm doing is- hurting you and-"

"Roman," Virgil's voice turned to a dead serious one, "I realize you can't see me in the dark but, I'm lookin' you in the eyes the best I...can...and- Ro, you have to understand that people hurt other people...it's in our emotions wether we like it or not, wether we want it or not... but...if you were to weigh how much pain you've caused me versus how much...love you've given me- Love would out-rule the pain, by way more than-" Virgil pauses a second, "A hundred percent!" He didn't care much for the fact that this wasn't mathematically correct, "Honestly, as an anxious aspect, it's my job to essentially only feel anxious and provide anxiety to no end- but here I am hugging and comforting you, so I'm asking you to please, don't ever think of yourself as anything less than my Knight in Shining Armor, got it?"

Roman was quiet as his own anxiety had gotten better, he held onto Virgil tighter, "O-kay- but...Virgil?"

"Yes?"

"You love me?" Roman's voice was almost lost.

"More than life itself." Virgil smiled, meaning this fully.

"But...you're more my knight in...shining armor..."