Angst MWP

[And now for this]
Participants: TriangularGurl, Corerinna, Fallwithshelzba, periwinkle_moonlight, XxLizzie0Chan56, and Crane-Berry

Virgil yawned as he blinked sleep away from his eyes, looking around for a few moments to wake up his consciousness before taking note of the arms wrapped tight around his chest. He allowed himself a small smile of joy and he pressed close to the Prince holding him before turning around to look at him. And by look at him he meant shoot a short glance before Roman could notice and then bury his face in the royal's chest.

Roman awoke a few moments later and squinted sleepily, grinning at the content Virgil who was absently nuzzling his chest, "Fair morning to you, storm cloud."

"Yeah, yeah." Virgil muttered into Roman's white shirt, though smiling against it as his face was hidden.

Though Roman wasn't going to have that. He raised a hand to the side of Virgil's face and cupped his cheek, tilting it upwards, "Did you sleep well?"

"When do I ever?" Virgil shrugged.

"Well, I would hope you do at some point." Roman frowned.

Virgil simply laid his head down on Roman's pillow so their faces were near, though treating it as if normal, "It's fine."

"It most certainly isn't- nevertheless, you do sleep." Roman confirmed.

"Yeah?"

"Your snore sounds like a kitten squeaking." Roman smirked.

Virgil's face flushed up and he pushed Roman away- forgetting the other was on the edge of the bed.

Roman yelped, beginning to fall, but not before grabbing the front of Virgil's shirt.

Virgil let out a shrill squeal as he fell to the ground on top of Roman.

The two looked at each other for a moment before erupting in giggles.

Virgil laid his head on Roman's chest and Roman wrapped his arms around Virgil's waist as their laughter subsided.

"Hey, Ro?" Virgil murmured.

"Yes, Virgil?"

"...I think I- that I-" Virgil cleared his threat awkwardly, "I think I lov-"

There was a sudden jiggling of the knob of the room's door and Virgil instantly propelled himself away from Roman.

Roman let out a grunt of pain as Virgil had pushed hair down on his chest and knocked the air out of them.

Logan entered the room with a groan, still in his Unicorn Onesie Pajamas, Patton close behind.

"What are you two...doing?" Logan grunted sleepily, "It's eight o'clock in the morning on a Saturday- Thomas is going to get woken up as well by you two if you don't keep it down, and with all his video editing this week I suggest he ought to get some sleep this weekend and not pass-out from exhaustion." Logan rubbed his eyes, hardly being able to see without his glasses.

"He does have a point, kiddos." Patton crept out from behind Logan, wearing his cat onesie and equally tired, "What were you doing, though?"

Virgil simply shrugged, "Roman just fell off the bed and it was funny to watch him...be hurt?" Virgil winced at his unconvincing argument, knowing that even he wasn't that evil.

"Yes...well, what was he doing in here in the first place? I- I get that you two are...fond of each other but, sharing a bed isn't necessarily-"

"Logan!" Roman yelped, "We were not-   we aren't- no- we're not fond of each other- it's just-"

"There was a spider in Roman's room and it just...vanished behind the bed-" Virgil paused at the sudden screech from Patton before continuing, "And he was too much of a wuss to sleep in there." Virgil smirked, earning a small glare from Roman.

"That is-" Patton stopped to shutter, "That's reasonable." Another shutter.

"Plus," Virgil added, "Its not like we actually shared the bed," he scoffed, "I had to sleep on the beanbag because mister perfect over here insisted on taking the bed."

Logan sighed, rubbing his eyes once again, "Alright, just...just keep it down and no more falling off beds, okay?"

"Indeed." Roman nodded.

"Sleep well!" Patton added with a wave,  then backing up as Logan shut the door and the two walked off.

Roman sighed in relief before a small grin, "Can we discuss why they both came at the same time? I mean-"

"Sometimes, I wish it didn't have to be this way..." Virgil sunk back into his beanbag.

"What do you mean?" Roman cocked his head.

"This!" Virgil motioned from himself to Roman.

"Us?"

"Not- us- us having to hide our affection."

"Virgil, you know that both the other two know we...like each other, right?"

"Well, duh- it's just...I wish..." Virgil sighed, "Why does my anxiety get in the way?"

"It's perfectly natural to be anxious about acceptance, Virgil." Roman scooted over to the darker aspects in the beanbag, stopping in front of him.

"But it's not just this- it's everything..." Virgil shrugged, looking up at Roman, "Why is it always me?" Virgil sighed.

Roman felt his heart ache, reaching his hand forward to grab Virgil's, rubbing circles into the back of it, "It most certainly isn't always you, I promise that it'll be okay."

"But will it?" Virgil withdrew his hand.

"Of course it will!" Roman smiled.

"From my experience, acceptance doesn't always come easily." Virgil muttered bitterly.

"But now we love you." Roman gave a desperate smile.

"That doesn't fix everything though!" Virgil's voice rose, "I can't just ignore the fact that I'll never really be accepted, never really be loved." He could feel his heart rate picking up.

"But- that's not tru-"

"But it is!" Virgil growled, "And please don't try to sugar coat it." He sighed.

"Virgil, it's the truth-"

"And as I always say- words bleed the lies, wounds speak the truth, you can't simply tell me that they'll accept me actually liking you after so much harm has been put to my capability of trust, so pardon me if I'm not all too keen to this- I want to be open about this, I really do- I just- Look, I can't, okay? I can't do it." Virgil stood up quickly and briskly walked to the door.

Roman felt his heart ache grow, "Please, don't- go." He got up to follow Virgil, putting a hand on the other's shoulder.

Virgil said nothing for a moment, and then moved his shoulder from Roman's grasp, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He began to twist the knob of the door.

"But I am worried about you- and that's the problem!" Roman clenched his fists up in frustration.

"That's my job." Virgil murmured.

Roman grabbed Virgil's shoulder once again but this time turned him around so they met eyes, Roman's bearing a look of hurt, "It's funny, how you think I'm the happy one, when I've never given you the chance to see the other side of me. I hide it for you, ya' know."

"What...do you mean?" Virgil looked mildly concerned now.

Roman rubbed his temple a bit, "Despite us all being different aspects- we all have emotions- we just have a certain aspect of emotion heightened, do you think I don't worry about you? That I don't- love you?"

Virgil opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Roman looked down and pursed his lips together. Though, a moment later there were arms around him.

"...you too..."

Nothing more needed to be said.