Chapter 6

As Nathan rejoined the dinner, Kelsey was the only one who really acknowledged his long absence. She raised an eyebrow at him and he blushed.

He couldn't help but sneak a glance at Jay. Jay met his eyes and a small smirk appeared on his lips. This was a very good sign, he thought to himself.

As the dinner was dying down, the party soon moved upstairs to where the bar was. They had a section reserved with a wrap around couch and their own waitress.

"Shots!" Kelsey yelled and waved the waitress over. Tom leaned in and began kissing her neck.

As soon as the shots came over, they all drank them together as a group.

The music was loud and the place was getting more and more crowded.

Jay and Max were sitting on the couch laughing and drinking beer. Nathan was sitting on the side of Jay talking with Kevin.

Many groups of girls kept coming over to talk to Max and Jay, mostly because he was there. Max was dancing and flirting with them. He kept encouraging Jay to join in trying to pawn some of the women off onto his mate.

"They are both all ready shit faced." Kevin said pointing to Max and Jay.

"Not surprised." Nathan said with a smile. "They started in the bloody limo, mate."

Kevin cracked up. "Nath, you should go over there and get yourself one of those birds. They've got plenty to share."

Nathan laughed. "That's funny mate. I don't want to ruin it for them."

Kevin leaned in. "Mate, you might get them more girls."

Nathan smiled. "Thanks mate, but do you know what a wing man is?"

"Of course I do."

Nathan leaned in to talk louder over the music. "Well I am the anti wing man...the total opposite. I would ruin it for them." He joked.

Kevin playfully shoved him. "Oh go on."

Nathan just shook his head. Jay came over and plopped down next to Nath on the sofa. He wrapped his arm around his neck and pulled him in kissing his the side of his head. "Baby Nath!"

"You're pissed mate."

"Join me won't you?" he said then nodded at Kevin. "Kev, Max needs some protection over there."

Kevin shook his head then headed over.

"What was that about?" Nathan asked in confusion.

Jay leaned into Nathan's ear. "I wanted to be alone with you."

Nathan felt a tingle go through his entire body. It wasn't just what Jay said, it was his hot breath in his ear as well. "wh...what?"

Jay winked at him. "Are you having fun?"

Nathan shrugged. "Like to spend more time with you..but you seem busy." He said nodded over at the group of girls.

Jay smiled. "I'm here now." he said then glanced down at Nathan's lap and saw his hand resting next to his thigh.

Nathan nodded. Jay took a sip of his beer and slid his hand slowly to the side so his pinky grazed Nathan's pinky.

"Bird, get over here!" Max yelled.

Jay looked over and waved at him. "Come over with us Nath."

"Maybe in a bit." He said then sipped his beer.

Jay nodded then ran over to Max. He knew this situation was going to be difficult, he just didn't know how difficult exactly. Jay liked girls and he wasn't going to lie, he liked them as well. There was just something about Jay, something about their close relationship, it made him think about other possibilities.

He felt a twinge of jealousy as one of the girls, clearly into Jay was leaning into his ear and running her hand up and down his back. He could potentially score with this one, then where would they be?

"Stop being so obvious Nater bater." Kelsey said as she plopped down next to him on the sofa.

He straightened up. "Wha?"

She tilted her head at him. "You and Jay. I mean come on."

Nathan looked horrified. "What do you mean..me and Jay?"

Kelsey placed her hand on his thigh. "It's okay, I am not going to say anything."

He relaxed a bit. "How did you know?"

She smiled. "Woman's intuition."

Nathan laughed. "Looks like he's gonna hook up with that bird tonight though."

Kelsey glanced over at Jay and that girl flirting. "Possibly."

Nathan nodded. "Yup. That is life I suppose." He said trying to play it cool when really it was killing him.

Just them Tom came over and fell onto Nathan's lap. "heyyyyy!"

"Get your ass off me!" Nathan cried in laughter.

"I have a nice ass.....right Kels?"

Kelsey pinched his cheek. "Yes you do baaaaby."

Tom leaned over and kissed his girl. Nathan took the opportunity to squirm out from under his ass. He glanced over at Jay and his heart fell into the pit of his stomach. He was full on making out with that girl.

He thought he could handle it, but he was wrong. He stood up and headed over to Kevin who was drinking with Nano. "Could I go back now?"

Nano looked concerned. "It's early Nath. Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I've got a headache." He explained.

Kevin nodded. "I'll make a call."

Nathan smiled. "Thanks mate." He said then turned back to look at Jay. The girl was laughing and kissing his neck. He happened to glance over and catch Nathan's eyes on him. Nathan quickly turned away trying not to make a big deal about it.

Jay saw that Nathan was waiting by the steps. Was he leaving? He excused himself from the girl for a moment and headed over to where Nathan was.

"Are you leaving?" Jay shouted over the music.

Nathan nodded. "Yeah got a bit of a headache. I'm fine don't worry."

Jay stood in front of him. "Don't be mad okay."

Nathan forced a smile. "I'm not. I just have a headache mate. Go have fun."

Kevin then motioned to Nathan that the car was here.

"Talk to ya lata, okay mate?"

Jay grabbed his wrist. "Don't leave Nath, come on."

Nathan just shook his head. "Please just let me go."

Jay leaned into his ear. "I've got to hook up with her."

Nathan pulled away and looked at Jay in confusion. "What do you mean you've got to?!"

Jay looked nervous. "I can't...I mean...."

Jay's heart sank to the pit of his chest and the hurt expression on Nathan's face.

"No need to explain. Nite bird."

"Nath come on!" Jay shouted as he headed down the steps.

Jay rolled his eyes then ran after him.

Nathan thanked Kevin then headed out  to the limo. As he reached for the door, Jay grabbed his arm. "Nath please."

"What are you doing out here mate?"

Jay moved closer to him. "I don't want you leaving like this."

"Like what?"

"Mad or sad. I dunno."

Nathan exhaled. "I'm not either of those things okay? I just want to go back to the hotel."

"It's not the same without you. Please come back up." Jay pleaded.

Nathan shook his head. "I just thought.....forget it." He said then got into the limo.

Jay watched him ride away. He had to go back upstairs. He needed to do what he was doing and not confuse things more than they already were.