Chapter 61

Jess heard a knock on the door of the guest room she was staying in. "Nathan, I am fine." She said loudly.

He opened the door slowly. "Can we talk?"

Jess sat up on the bed with her back against the wall. "It is not necessary Nate really." She lied.

Nathan walked in and closed the door behind him. He sat on the edge of the bed facing her. "I'm sorry about that."

She shrugged. "I should have knocked. I didn't know that....well, I didn't know you two would stay in the same room."

He put his hand on her shin. "We should have locked the door. It is not your fault Jessie"

"It was just shocking sorry."

He smiled at her. "You don't have to be sorry. I know it is different."

She shook her head. "No, Nathan it's not that. I would feel weird walking in on you with a girl too. I don't have a problem with you and Jay."

He smiled. He was lucky to have a sister like her. "It's okay if you do. I know it is not 'normal'" he said putting air quotes around normal.

She shook her head. "Don't say that Nath. Of course it is normal. Love is normal."

"How did you get to be so smart?"

She smiled. "I was always this smart, you just never noticed."

"Maybe it has something to do with this....boyfriend of yours."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh don't get all big brother on me."

"I can't help it."

She giggled. "Well, so far he has been a perfect gentlemen."

Nathan felt relieved. "Ok good."

"Oh except that time in the car when...."

"Wha?!"

She laughed out loud. "I am just kidding. You should have seen your face."

He tickled her. "Jerk."

She smiled very proud of herself. "It is just too easy."

"So, are we okay?" he asked still concerned.

She grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Always."

"I love you, you know?"

She smiled. "I love you too."

Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Jess shouted.

Gretchen opened the door then put her hand over her heart when she saw them sitting on the bed together. "How adorable."

Nathan turned back to smile at Jess then he stood up.

"Just came up to tell you lot that breakfast is ready."

Jess jumped off the bed and smiled. She walked up to Gretchen and hugged her then walked past her to go downstairs. "Thanks Gretchie!"

Nathan raised an eyebrow at Gretchen.

"What?"

Nathan crossed his arms. "Do you wanna talk about the little present you left us in the guest room?"

Gretchen smiled. "Do you need more?"

He grabbed one of Jess's pillows and threw it at her. "Gretch! It's embarrassing."

She laughed out loud. "I have different kinds if you are not happy with those." She continued to tease him.

Nathan began to hit her with the pillow over and over. She couldn't help but continue to laugh.