Chapter 8

Nathan woke up with a huge smile on his face. He glanced over at Jay he was lying on his stomach just as Nathan was. Jay's hand was resting between both of them.

Nathan reached his hand up and slid it into Jay's hand. Jay began to open his eyes trying to orient himself. He looked at Nathan then at their hands.

He quickly slid his hand away and turned on his side facing away from Nathan.

Nathan's mouth fell open a bit. Did he really just do that? "Jay?" he asked softly.

Jay did not respond.

Nathan knew that Jay sometimes needed a little coxing in certain situations. Maybe this was one of those times. He slid over and spooned him resting his cheek on the back of Jay's shoulder.

Jay closed his eyes and enjoyed a few seconds of it before he did something he already knew he was going to regret. "Nathan get off. Come on." He said shoving him off.

Nathan sat up and brought his knees to his chest. "So we are doing this again, really?"

Jay sat up and didn't look at Nathan. "I've got to go pack. You should too you know?"

Nathan's eyes filled with tears, but he waited for Jay to leave before he blinked and they traveled down his cheeks.

Jay was happy to be home at his flat in London. He had two days to chill out and he was looking forward to it. As soon as he opened the door, he dropped his bags and grabbed the mail and began to sort through it.

His attention span wasn't there. Usually the first thing he would do was call Nathan or invite him over for movie night or something like that. He checked his phone but there were no messages from his best friend.

"I wouldn't talk to me either mate." He said to himself. Against his better judgment, he sent a text to his best friend.

Text from Bird: Hey bro, you in Gloucester yet?

A few minutes later, Nathan sent a text back.

Text from Nath: Haven't left the hotel yet. Slow moving.

Jay had a fantastic idea.

Text from Bird: It's a good two hours, why don't you come over and hang with me instead?

Nathan shook his head after reading that text. Jay's mood swings were really difficult to keep up with. Part of him, and this was a huge part wanted to jump for joy and go run over there. On the other hand, getting snuffed by him this morning was pretty awful. He was torn.

Text from Nath: I dunno mate.

Text from Bird: Please? I miss you.

"Oh fuck." He said to himself then offered to stop by for a bit against his better judgment.