Chapter 78

Jay left Nathan alone for the rest of the afternoon. He wanted to give him some space to come to terms with whatever had set him off.

Nathan missed Jay so badly. He was so grateful that Jay had given him time to cool off. He still didn't know what he was going to do about Declan being disrespectful towards him.

It was around 10:30 pm when the boys left the studio. Siva shared a car with Jay and Nath. He was going to be dropped off at his flat first.

Jay and Nathan did not talk during most of the drive. Siva knew something was up, but it was not his place to start anything.

Nathan felt his phone buzz. He picked it up.

Text from bird: Hope you are feeling better. Miss you xoxo Bird

Nathan smirked then glanced over at Jay. His heart felt like it had just come back to life.

Jay scooted over to sit beside Nathan in the back of the car.

Siva smiled as he saw Nathan lean his head onto Jay's shoulder. Jay kissed the top of Nathan's head.

A few minutes later, Siva was dropped off. It was a good ten-minute ride to their flat.

"I've missed you." Nathan said still snuggled up to Jay in the backseat. "I hate it when we fight."

"I agree. Except, this time I have no idea why." Jay confessed.

"I know. You didn't do anything."

"Who did?"

Nathan felt unable to speak.

"Nath?"

"It's nothing."

Jay turned to him and looked into his eyes. "You have to trust me or this is rubbish. Understand?"

Nathan slowly nodded. He looked down. "It's D....Declan."

Jay looked confused. "What is he giving you a hard time?"

Nathan looked worried. "Um you could say that."

"I'll talk to him babe. Don't worry."

Nathan shook his head. "No, Jay. He has been.....sort of hitting on me."

Jay's mouth dropped open slightly. "What?"

"I'm not saying it again." Nathan said sadly.

Jay looked off in deep thought.

"You don't believe me." Nathan said.

Jay turned to Nathan. "How can you say something like that?"

"It's true I swear!" Nathan said almost in tears.

"No." Jay said then held his face with one of his hands. He gently rubbed his thumb over his cheek. "I meant, how can you say that I don't believe you?"

Nathan shrugged. "Well, he said that...."

"Said what?"

Nathan sighed. "He said that you would believe him over me because you had known him since being kids."

Jay nodded. "That's it. I am going to kill him. LITERALLY kill him." He said then reached for his phone.

"No, Jay wait."

Jay looked at Nath with a fire in his eyes. "Not now ok?"

"How can you expect me to just sit around and not do anything?"

Nathan straddled him. "I just want to spend time with you. Can't we deal with it tomorrow?"

Jay didn't look like he could wait until Nathan gently pressed himself down on Jay's lap. "Please?"