Chapter 75

Nano was pacing back and forth at the photo shoot waiting for Jay and Nathan to arrive. "This fucking Jaythan bullshit is going to be the death of me. I know it. I just know it!"

Just then Nathan came walking in at a rather brisk pace. "Sorry Nano."

Nano gave him a death stare. "Where the hell have you been for crying out fucking loud?!"

Nathan raised an eyebrow at him. "Have you had your coffee yet Nano?"

Nano pointed his finger at Nathan. "Don't patronize me Sykes."

"NANNNY!" a voice cried from behind him.

Nano's eyes widened, in fear. "No.....no."

Declan hugged Nano from behind. "Miss me sugar bear?"

"What the fuck is he doing here?"

No one said anything. "what the FUCK is he doing here?"

Declan let go and looked at Nano with a pout. "Is that anyway to treat an old friend?"

Nano's mouth dropped open. "Old....friend?" Nano said in disbelief. "Last time I had to bail Jay out of jail because of your ass!"

"Now, now Nano. You know that it was the police station, not jail." Jay said patting Nano's shoulder.

Nano rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Just then the makeup artist took Nathan away to prepare him for the shoot. Jay was next in line. He hung out with Declan on the couch waiting.

"Are you sure this isn't too boring for you mate?"

Declan laughed. "You are acting like I can't make any situation fun."

Jay nodded. "Bloody true."

Declan watched as Max was being photographed. He scanned the room until his eyes fell upon Nathan getting his makeup done.

Jay noticed Declan staring at Nate. "So what do you think of him?"

Declan shrugged. "I don't know him yet. I will have to give him the Declan interrogation to know for sure whether he is good enough for my mate."

Jay smiled. "Although that is very sweet, please don't do that."

Declan became serious for a moment. "So living together huh? Pretty big step."

Jay nodded. "Yes."

"So, this is pretty bloody serious then?"

Jay nodded. "I'd say so."

Declan made a face that indicated to Jay that he did not approve. "What? What was that face for?"

Declan shook his head. "Nothing, mate."

"I've known you for too damn long mate. What was that face for?"

Declan sighed. "It's just, you are both so young."

"We are not 16 Decks."

Declan nodded. "I know that. And also, have you completely given up on girls?"

Jay shrugged. "I just want to be with Nathan. It is not about giving up on anything."

"Ok then. Well, I don't think it is a good idea to be so serious. He may have wild oats to sow. Remember when we were 21? Come on mate."

Jay rolled his eyes. "Nathan is not like that."

"What? Sluts like we were in our early 20's. Mate, come on. He is in one of the biggest bands in the world and to be fair, he is the most popular."

Jay had a knot forming in his stomach. Declan was trying awfully hard to talk him out of his relationship with Nathan. "Why are you so against US?"

"It is not that I am against it, I just don't want to see my best mate get hurt because his 'boyfriend' shouldn't have settled down so soon."

Just then Kevin brought a few fans on set to say hello to the boys. The girls swarmed around Nathan and he hugged them, sighed autographs and took photos with them.

"That is ridiculous mate." Declan said commenting on Nathan being swarmed by those fans.

"Happens a lot. He is used to it." Jay explained.

"How can you fight that?"

Jay glanced back over at Nathan flirting and kissing the girls on the cheek. Jay was always a little jealous of Nathan flirting with anyone. Declan and Max both fed into Jay's insecurities about his relationship with Nathan. He knew it shouldn't effect him but it did.

"Well, what do you suggest? Having an open relationship? Letting him fuck around with whomever he wants?"

Declan shrugged. "Maybe."

"You've got to be kidding mate."

"At least until he gets it out of his system."

Jay began to think about that possibility. It gutted him to think of Nathan hooking up with anyone but him. Was he being selfish?

Just then he felt arms wrap around his neck. "Hi bird." Nathan said as he hugged Jay from behind.

Declan was annoyed that their conversation was interrupted.

Nathan whispered in Jay's ear. "Did you get my text?"

Jay turned his head over his shoulder to look at Nathan. "No sorry babe, been talking."

Nathan kissed the top of Jay's head. "It's okay baby."

Declan stood up. "I am going to get a drink."

Nathan frowned then sat in front of Jay on the couch. "I don't think your friend likes me very much."

Jay forced a smile. "Yes he does. It just takes him a while to warm up is all."

"NATHAN!" Nano yelled.

Nathan rolled his eyes at Jay. "Duty calls." He said then kissed Jay's lips softly then ran over to Nano.

Jay sighed. Why couldn't he just be happy with Nathan? Why did he let other people get into his head? Maybe he should just talk to Nathan about this? What if Nathan agreed to it? What if he actually wanted to be free to see other people? The thought made his heart break.

He felt his phone buzz. He took it out and saw that he had two messages.

Text from Nathan: I want to make out. Xoxxo Nath

Text from Max: Pub tonight?

Jay began to text Max back. He was looking forward to going out tonight with Declan tagging along. Maybe if he got to know Nathan more he would stop trying to talk jay out of being with him. Maybe.