Chapter 25

"Who the fuck is that?" Kelsey asked Nareesha.

Nareesha glanced over at a dark haired male leaning against the wall during sound check. "Oh Siva said that is Nathan's friend."

Kelsey squinted her eyes. She knew something was up and she was determined to find out what it was. "A friend huh? Interesting."

Backstage the boys were relaxing in the dressing room before the show. Siva was making a cup of tea when Nareesha came up from behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Hey love."

Jay looked at them and began to ponder. He was watching a football game with Max on the couch. He glanced over at Nathan lounging on the recliner chair with his headphones on and eyes closed.

"They are cute aren't they."

Max was really into the game. "Who is?"

"Seev and Nareesha."

Max glanced over at them then shrugged. "Guess so."

"Do you every fancy settling down?"

Max glanced over at him. "Not anytime soon." He said then thought of something. "Did something happen with that girl from the other night?"

Jay smiled and shook his head. "Mate, I think we both know she is not that type of girl."

Max wiggled his eyebrows. "I know how to pick them don't I?" he said as he playfully shoved Jay. Jay put on his sunglasses even though they were inside. This way he could pretend he was asleep and stare at Nathan without it looking weird or suspicious.

Siva sipped his tea and scoped out the scene in the dressing room. "Something feels weird." He said to his girlfriend.

"How do you mean?"

Siva just shook his head. "I don't know. I can't explain it."

"Are you not feeling well?" she asked with concern.

He turned and kissed her nose. "No I just mean with the lads. Something is off."

Kelsey walked over to Nathan and knelt before him. She pinched his arm rather hard.

"What was that for?!" he cried rubbing his arm.

Kelsey nodded to the other end of the room and stormed over there.

"Oh bloody hell." He said then took his headphone and put them around his neck.  "Can't you say hi like a normal person?"

Kelsey pulled him more into the corner. "What is going on?"

Nathan leaned his head closer to her. "What do you mean?"

Kelsey rolled her eyes. "Who is the Latino God watching during soundcheck?"

Nathan blushed a bit. "Oh him."

Kelsey tickled him. "Tell me what is going on you little shit."

He laughed out loud.  "I met him at Freedom the other night."

Kelsey's mouth dropped open. "You little bitch!"

"It's not what you think. He's straight." Nathan whispered.

"No way." Kelsey said in shock.

Nathan smirked. "Well not entirely." He admitted.

Kelsey slapped his arm. "Oh my god. What about Jay?"

Nathan's face suddenly had pain written all over it. "We are not really talking at the moment."

"I knew something was going on."

Nathan shrugged. "Well whatever was going on. Isn't anymore, okay? And I am just friends with, Rico, that is his name."

"Rico Suave is more like it." She said rubbing her hands together. "He is delicious. "

Nathan had to agree. "We are just friends though. Please don't talk to anyone about this."

Kelsey looked insulted. "Nathan James Sykes. I am not even going to acknowledge that comment."

He hugged her. "You are right. I am sorry Kels. I trust you."

"You better you little shit." She said with a smile. "I want details later. And I mean about both of them." She said then walked away.

Just then Siva put his arm around Nath. "Hey can you help me decide somethin'?"

Nathan nodded. "Depends on what mate."

Siva smiled. "An outfit for tonight."

Nathan looked aprehensive. "I am not too knowledgeable about fashion Seev." He admitted.

"It's fine. Just want an opinion." He said then headed to the other room filled with racks of wardrobe for the boys.

Siva rummaged through one of the racks then found something of interest. He pulled his t-shirt over his head and held up the shirt on the hanger.  "What do you think?"

Nathan made a face of disgust. "It's a bit sparkly mate if I'm being honest."

Siva nodded. "Good call." He said then continued to look through the rack. "So are you going to tell me what is going on or do I have to beat it out of you."

Nathan took a deep breath. "Nothing is going on Seev. Relax mate."

Siva turned to look at Nathan. "You and Jay are fighting. It is bloody obvious."

Nathan felt sick to his stomach. Was nothing private anymore? "Alright I am not gonna lie we have been arguing lately, but it is under control."

Siva raised an eyebrow at him in disbelief. "Is it, aye?"

Nathan shrugged. "It's complicated mate."

Siva took a deep breath before he said this next comment. It could go either way, he thought to himself. "Do you remember when I confided in you a few years ago. We were drunk at the pub in Ireland."

Nathan felt like his heart was in his throat. "Of course mate."

Siva looked at him knowingly. "I have a feeling this could be a similar story. Is it not?"

Nathan looked like he was in pain. "Siva don't do this right now please."

Siva grabbed Nathan's arm gently and led him over to the sofa. "I trusted you with my story. Don't you think you can trust me?"

Nathan nodded. "It's not me. It's Jay. He'd kill me if I said anything."

Siva nodded with understanding. "Back when I was modeling, I tried to fit in. You know that. I am just saying I can understand that Jay is confused. I was confused too."

"Yeah but in a different way." Nathan clarified.

Siva nodded. "Yes, but it is the same idea. I thought that I needed to do what everyone else was doing. Hooking up with guys was the 'thing to do'." He said using air quotes. "I was caught up in it all until I met Nareesha. I realized I couldn't live for other people."

Nathan simply nodded, but appeared defeated.

Siva shook his head. "What if I brought it up with him? My story. Maybe he'd feel better if someone else knew?"

Nathan smiled at his friend. "I appreciate that Seev. I really do, but I don't want to trick him into anything. He has to deal with it on his own. In the mean time, I just need to stay away."

Siva looked at him in disbelief. "You, stay away from Jay?"

Nathan frowned. "I know it is going to be difficult."

Siva rubbed his back. "For him too mate."

Nathan nodded. "Like I said, it has been really difficult."

Siva hugged him. "Well, if you need to talk I'm here." He offered.

Nathan smiled at his friend. "I really appreciate that. Thank you Seev."

Siva ruffled his hair then stood up. "Okay now find a shirt for me."