Chapter 84

The boys put their headphones on in the radio booth. The interview was going well. They talked about the new album and the up coming tour.

"So I have to ask." The radio D.J. said.

Noooo, Nathan thought to himself. That is not what an artist wants to hear.

"Is Jaythan really done?"

Nathan jumped on it before Jay could fuck it up. "Jay and I are friends. We love our fans and we are sorry that it didn't work out."

"So that's it?"

Nathan shrugged.

"Look at that though." The D.J. said pointing to the fans through the window. "Look at all of those posters that say things like...'Bring back Jaythan', 'Team Jaythan'.... "

"Like I said, we love our fans. We appreciate their support. They supported us together and now I hope they support us as friends."

Nano signaled to the D.J. to drop it. He turned the attention to some fan phone calls.

After the interview, Nathan couldn't wait to get back in the green room. He couldn't wait for this Jaythan stuff to die down. He didn't know how much he could take.

"I'm sorry mate." Siva said to him.

"It's bad enough I am heart broken, I have to answer fucking questions about it."

Siva rubbed his back. "I know. It is not fair."

Just then Jay and Max walked in. Nathan quickly pulled out his phone and left Siva's side. He would not let Jay see him sweat.

Jay pulled Siva aside. "Is he alright?"

Siva shook his head. "Mate, he's heart broken." He said then walked away.

Jay had never felt as shitty as when he told Nathan they should open the relationship. Jay sat beside Nathan on the couch.

Nathan tried to ignore him for as long as he could. "What's the matter?"

"Are you alright?"

Nathan faked a smile. "Brilliant. Why do you ask?"

Jay frowned. "You know why." He said then out of habit, rubbed Nathan's thigh with his hand.

"Stop that." He said with a look of anger in his eyes.

Jay removed his hand. "Can you come home tonight after the show?"

Nathan looked like he was going to cry. "It is not my home....not anymore."

"It is always your home Nathan. Always."

Nathan turned back to his phone. "I will send for my things. Don't worry."

Jay grabbed Nathan's phone away from him. "I don't want that."

"We don't always get what we want. Now give me my phone back Jay."

Jay didn't budge.

"Jay? Give me my phone."

Jay shook his head.

Nathan shoved him with some force. "Give me my bloody phone now!"

Siva began to gather the lads up. "We should leave them alone. Come on."

Jay was thankful for the room clearing. "Okay, now we are alone. Can we have a real conversation?"

Nathan shoved him again.

Jay just took it.

Nathan reached for the phone, but Jay grabbed his wrist.

"Fucking let me go Jay!"