Chapter 37

Nathan went to chill in the dressing room and drink some tea. When he entered the room, Tom was sitting with Kelsey on her lap.

"Hiya Nathie." Kelsey said with a smile.

Nathan forced a smile then collapsed onto the couch. He put his headphones on and closed his eyes.

Kelsey looked at Tom with a worried look on her face. "Must be fighting with Jay again."

Tom rolled his eyes. "For fucks sake. They are fighting like an old married couple."

Kelsey shoved him playfully.

Nathan squinted his eyes open. "I haven't turned it on yet. I can hear you."

Tom laughed.

"Aww sorry Nathie." She said then hopped up and went to go turn the water on. "I am going to make you a cup of tea ok love?"

Nathan smiled. "Thanks baby."

Tom pointed his finger at Nathan. "Watch it over there ya little shit."

Nathan chuckled. "Hey Kels, your bf is a bit insecure aye?"

She giggled. "Yes, he knows about us now Nath."

Tom huffed then got up to walk into the other room. "Fuckin' A."

Just then Nath's phone buzzed. He checked and it was Kevin.

"Yay!" Nathan cried.

"What is it?" Kelsey asked.

"My mum is here."

"Oh I love your mum!"

Nathan felt a wave of calm wash over him. He was feeling overwhelmed with the public kiss, his situation with Jay, the now situation with Jay's father and the gag order that Jay has placed on their 'relationship'.

Just then Nate's mum walked into the dressing room. "How is my sweetheart?"

Nathan smiled and held his arms out to her.

She walked over and embraced him. He squeezed her tightly and ended up pulling her onto the couch next to him. "I've missed you mum."

She ran her hand over his hair and kissed the top of his head. "You okay love?"

Nathan shook his head and continued to hold onto her. "Aww sweetie."

Kelsey walked over to them with Nathan's cup of tea. "Such a mamma's boy." She teased then smiled at his mum. "It's nice to see you Karen."

Nathan grabbed the cup. "Thanks Kels. Love you babe."

Kelsey leaned in and kissed his mum on the cheek.

"How is Tom dear?"

"He is good. He is a bit jealous of your son and my relationship." She teased.

Karen chuckled. "Still?"

Kelsey giggled. "Yes, I am not sure he'll ever get over hit. Will he Nath?"

Nathan shook his head. "Probably not."

"Kels! Come here!" Tom cried from the other room.

"Speak of the devil." She said then waved and ran into the other room.

Karen turned to her son. "What is going on with Jay?"

Nathan frowned at her. "Mum it's out of control and its not just jay, it's his dad!"

Karen looked confused. "His dad, really? Go on then."

Nathan took another sip of tea and cleared his throat.

"Oh you should rest your voice sweetheart. "

He smiled at her concern. "I'm fine mum. I have to tell you what happened."

"Ok sweetheart just talk in a soft voice." She advised.

He nodded then continued his story. "He tried to buy me off."

Karen's eyes widened. "He what?!"

Nathan was a bit alarmed at her reaction. "It's okay mum it's not that big of a deal."

She sat up. "Nathan James Sykes!"

"Oh don't do that. Don't use my middle name mum."

"He is not going to get away with that. Is he coming tonight?" she said looking around.

Nathan laughed. "Mum, please. It's not worth it."

"How dare he do that?"

Nathan shrugged. "Well, I could use the extra money."

Her mouth dropped open.

"Mum, relax. I am kidding, obviously."

She rubbed his arm. "I'm sorry you have to deal with this love."

He nodded. "There's more."

Karen shook her head. "Oh dear."

"I didn't get to tell you about the closet."