Chapter 83

Nano, Tom, Max, Siva, Jay and Scooter all waited around a conference table in Scooter's UK office. It was so quiet you could hear the clock actually ticking.

Jay was biting his nails constantly checking the clock.

Nano had his anxious worried face on.

Scooter kept glancing at the boys across the room. He would then look at the clock then back at the calendar he had on the table in front of him. It was the calendar of all Wanted events coming up in the next few months.

Scooter broke the silence. "He said he'd be here at 2. Where the fuck is he?"

"I said I'd keep my word." Nathan said at the door.

All heads turned to him. Jay swallowed hard. He hadn't seen Nathan in a week. He almost forgot how fucking hot he was.

Nathan closed the door behind him. "When have I ever not kept my word?"

The men said nothing and just waited.

Nathan stood at the empty seat between Siva and Nano. "Everything is going to be okay. Jay and I are friends before anything. Right Jay?" he said looking at him.

Jay felt his face turn red. He simply nodded.

"I would really appreciate it, if we could move past this and focus on the wanted. Can we do that?"

"I dunno mate. Can we?" Tom asked still concerned.

"I am telling you right now. We can. Do you trust me?" Nathan said holding his hand out to all of them.

Siva was the first to place his hand on Nathan's. Max then followed along with Jay. They stared at Tom and waited.

"Aw fuck. Of course I trust you lads. You are like my fucking brothers." He said then joined his hand with the rest.

Scooter smiled. "Okay then. Let's talk about this month then."

Scooter had sent each member a link to their phones, which contained the schedule for the next couple of months.

As they glanced at the calendar, Jay shot occasional glances over at Nathan. Nathan had his determined work face on, which Jay thought looked adorable.

He wondered how much of what Nathan said was true. Was he going to just go back to being friends with him or was that just a line of bs he told Scooter to get the Wanted back on track?

"Oh mate, 6 am really?" Nathan said looking at the schedule for tomorrow.

"Yes, it is a great radio station to visit. Plus, you will perform at their anniversary episode tomorrow evening." Nano explained.

"Tonight you have to make an appearance at a label event." Scooter added.

"Can we bring the girls?" Tom asked.

Scooter nodded. "The more the merrier in this case."

Tom began to text Kelsey, as Siva did the same with Nareesha.

"We have some potential acts joining the label, so I want you fellas to give some input."

"How many?" Max asked.

Scooter slid the paper list over to Max. "Take a look for yourself."

Jay looked on with Max. He did a double take at one of the names on the list.

Jay sent Scooter a private text.

Text from Jay: Can I speak to you privately?

Scooter shook his head when he saw that Jay had just sent him a text. "Jay really?"

Nathan glanced up at Scooter then Jay. He quickly met Jay's eyes, but did not hold the stare.

Jay frowned.

Scooter read the message then nodded at Jay. "Jay can I speak with you outside?"

Jay nodded then followed him. He glanced to see if Nathan was looking, but he was still engrossed in his phone. He knew already that things were different. Normally they would make eye contact over so many different things. Nathan was trying to act way too aloof. Jay knew him better than anyone.

Outside Jay handed the list of acts to Scooter. "What is HE doing on the list?"

Scooter rolled his eyes. "He is talented and Nathan asked as a personal favor."

Jay looked hurt. "What? When did he do that?"

"A few weeks ago." Scooter replied. "Why does it matter?"

Jay shrugged. "I dunno. I guess it doesn't matter anymore."

"Good that is what I like to hear." Scooter said then joined the others back inside.

Jay leaned against the wall and sighed. "That was all he needed. Menudo, as an opening act for them."

Jay's heart stopped as Nathan, exited the conference room to get some water at the cooler stationed in the hallway.

"Hey."

Nathan lifted his head up and sipped the water in the small paper cup. "Hey." He said after swallowing.

"Can we talk?"

Nathan looked confused. "What about? We are in the middle of a work meeting."

"Nathan stop it."

"Stop what?" he asked rather coldly.

Jay knew he deserved all of this, but it didn't make it any easier. "I think we should talk about us."

Nathan squeezed the empty cup in his hands then tossed it in the nearby trash. "I think we have talked enough James. Let's get back inside."

Jay grabbed his arm. "Nathan."

Nathan pulled his own arm out of Jay's grasp. He checked to see if anyone was looking, then he pulled Jay out of view. "Listen, we are friends okay? I meant what I said. We can't argue in public and cause a scene. We need to hold it together for the Wanted."

"I know that. Don't you think I know that?!"

"Good. It is settled then. Let's get back to work." He said then motioned to walk off, but Jay grabbed his arm again.

"Quit grabbing me." Nathan said in anger.

"Stop walking away from me."

Nathan squinted his eyes at him. "Why not? You taught me that." He said then yanked his arm away and began to walk off.

"That is not fair."

Nathan stopped then slowly turned. "This entire situation isn't fair."

Jay stepped closer to him. "I want to talk about us. I am not done with this Nathan I..."

"I'm done!" he said loudly. "I'm done." He said softer. "I am done with this....toxic thing. I am not going to be someone you use until you figure things out. It hurts too god damn much. Now please, let's get back to work."

Siva saw an upset Nathan turn the corner and head back over to him. "Is everything alright?"

"It's perfect mate. Let's get back to work."