Chapter 77

"Siva you are a bit flat mate." The producer said from outside of the booth.

The boys were in the studio recording their new album. Nathan was in one of the break rooms sitting on the couch with his journal writing.

Jay invited Declan to the session because he was trying to get into the field as a technician and this was good practice for him.

Declan sat beside the producer and tried to take it all in.

"It is nice you are helping him out mate." Max said as he sat beside Jay on the sofa.

"Well, not everyone gets a break. I figure, why not help out an old friend."

Max nodded. "So is he going to be around for a while?"

Jay raised his eyebrow at Max. "Yes, you will have your wingman for a bit."

Max cheered. "Yah! He is like a fucking magnet."

Jay shook his head.

"Where is Nath?" Max asked noticing his absence.

"Writing." Jay replied.

Max nodded. He knew how much writing music was important to Nathan.

"Seev, mate, you are flat again."

Siva took off the headphones. "I need a breather." He said, clearly frustrated. He left the booth then collapsed on one of the chairs. "Bird, you go."

Jay nodded then headed for the booth.

Declan saw this as a perfect opportunity to have another conversation with Nathan. "I'll be right back mate." He said to the producer then left the room.

He walked down the hall and heard the faint sound of a piano being played. Declan quietly opened the door and saw Nathan, with his back to him, playing the piano.

Declan headed over to Nathan.

Nathan was a bit startled seeing him lean over the piano.

"Shit, you scared me."

Declan leaned on his hands and smiled at Nathan. "Sorry."

Nathan just went back to playing.

"Sounds good. What is it?"

Nathan shrugged. "Doesn't have a name yet. Just messing around."

Declan slowly walked over and sat beside Nathan on the piano bench.

Nathan felt a bit uncomfortable. He looked over his shoulder at the closed door. "Um, I don't mean to be rude, but I sort of need to concentrate and stuff."

Declan looked over at him. "You play really well."

Nathan swallowed hard. "Thank you."

"So, I figure we should get to know each other more because of Jay and all."

Nathan stopped playing. "Alright then. What is it you want to know?"

Declan thought for a while. "Well, is Jay 'the one'?"

Nathan thought for a minute. "Um well, I'd like to think so. I mean it is pretty early."

"Was he the first man you have ever been with?"

Nathan felt a bit pink in the cheeks. "That is a bit too personal mate."

"I think it is a fair question."

Nathan had an idea. "Alright then. If I answer this question, you have to answer any question I have for you. Deal?"

Declan liked his style. "Ok kiddo, you got it."

"Fine. Jay is not the first guy I have ever been with."

Declan nodded.

"Ok, my question is, have YOU ever been with a man before?"

Declan smirked at him. "You've got balls Sykes. I will give you that."

"Don't avoid the question."

"Okay, okay." He said putting his hands up. "I have had threesomes before, one girl and one guy." He explained.

"Did you do anything with the guy?"

Declan leaned in closer to Nathan's face. "Why do you want to know so badly?"

Nathan turned away. "I was just curious."

Declan placed his hand on Nathan's thigh.

Nathan scooted over and stood up. "Don't do that."

Declan pretended he had no idea what Nathan was talking about. "Do what?"

"Don't be a dick." Nathan said in anger.

Declan stood up and smiled at Nathan. "Playing hard to get?"

Nathan was in shock. "I am going to have to tell Jay about this."

Declan chuckled. "You will do no such thing."

Nathan crossed his arms. "Excuse me?"

Declan laughed. "Who do you think Jay is going to believe? Someone he has known for a few years or someone he has known since he was in diapers?"

Nathan was furious. "Just stay away from me." He said then began to storm out. He was stopped by Declan grabbing his forearm.

He spun Nathan around to face him. "No goodbye kiss?"

Nathan jerked his arm away then left. He ran into Jay as he turned the corner.

"Whoa, where is the fire?" Jay asked.

Nathan shook his head. "Sorry."

Jay cupped his face. "What's wrong Nath?"

Nathan held back tears. "Nothing okay?"

"I know when you are lying."

Nathan pushed Jay away. "Please Jay. I just want to be alone."

Jay let him go.

A few minutes later, Declan came walking down the hall. "Hey mate."

Jay nodded.

"Who died?"

"It's Nathan. He is upset about something. He won't talk about it."

Declan shrugged. "Oh, I was just talking with him and he seemed fine." He lied.

Jay still looked worried. "I know something his wrong. He just stormed off."

Declan shook his head. "Well, you know how the young ones are. Moody and all that."

Jay was annoyed. "Quit calling him young. He is fucking 21 mate."

Declan put his hands up. "Jay, you can be in denial all you want, but realize that he is young and he is either going to cheat on you or resent you."

Jay's face fell. "Don't say that mate."

"I don't mean to upset you. I just don't want to see you get hurt."