chapter 41

Nathan hoped he was right about Jay's current location. The rain was really coming down now. He could barely see out the window. "Just up here." He told the driver.

The driver pulled over and parked. "You sure you want to be let off here?"

Nathan nodded. "Yes can you wait for us?"

The driver nodded. "It will cost you though."

"Yeah I got it. Thanks." He said and pulled his hood over his head and stepped out into the pouring rain.

He headed through the gate and began walking down the pathway. "Jay!" he cried out.

If anyone saw him now, they would think he was a loon. He was walking around in a cemetery, at night, in the pouring rain. "Jay!"

Nathan wasn't exactly sure where the grave was, but he had an idea. He kept moving even though now he was completely soaked. If Jay had been out here, he was probably worse than him. This was a great way to catch a cold. Not exactly the best thing to happen while on tour.

He saw a figure standing in the distance. It has to be him, he thought then headed over. He picked up his pace to a brisk walk, but as the rain came down harder he sped up into a light jog. He needed to be careful with his asthma. "Jay?"

Nathan stood near Jay and started to try and catch his breath. Jay was standing in front of his mother's tombstone. He couldn't tell if he was crying because of all the rain. His hair was so wet that you couldn't tell how curly his hair actual was.

"Jay?" Nathan asked again.

Jay said nothing and just continued to stare at the grave. Nathan stepped closer so he was standing beside him.

He just stood there with him in the rain and said nothing. He would stay out here as long as Jay needed.

Nathan felt Jay's hand brush past his. Suddenly, Jay slipped his hand into Nathan's and intertwined their fingers. A small smile appeared in the corner of Nathan's mouth.

"She understood me you know." Jay finally said.

Nathan just let him talk and said nothing.

"I think she made my father a bit softer. Maybe he would be less of a dick wipe if she was still around."

"She was a great lady." Nathan added.

Jay fell to his knees and began to cry.

Nathan knelt beside him. "It's okay bird." He said and rubbed his back. "Let's get you out of the rain okay?"

He shook his head. "I don't want to leave here."

Nathan cupped his face. "Look at me okay? You are going to catch pneumonia out here. Please let's go somewhere and dry you off. We can talk about everything okay?" he said rubbing his thumbs over Jay's cheeks. "We can come back in the morning and bring flowers."

Jay rested his forehead on Nathan's shoulder. "Okay."

Nathan smiled. "Ok, come on bird." He said then stood up with him.

When they got back into the car Nathan asked the driver to take them to the nearest hotel.

Jay began to shiver. Nathan pulled him down so his head was resting on his lap. He played with his wet curls as they headed to the hotel. Now was a good time to text Tommy and let him know that his brother was safe with him.

The driver pulled in front of Jury's Inn.

"This should be fine." He said then paid the driver and exited the car with Jay.