Chapter 76

"Cheers to having a new wingman." Max said holding up his beer.

"Fuck yeah!" Declan shouted then all of the boys clinked their drinks.

Jay shook his head. "I could still get you birds Max."

"No you fuckin' couldn't bird. You'd have to leave Nath's side and that is not happening." He teased.

Jay looked a bit upset at that comment. Nathan squeezed Jay's hand. "They are just jealous." He whispered in his ear.

"Max can't get a bird to stay by his side lately." Nathan quipped back.

"Ohhhh." Tom said laughing at Max.

"You are such a little shit." Max said to Nathan who was smiling proudly. "Come on mate." Max said and pulled Declan to the bar to hit on some birds.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked.

Jay sat on a nearby couch in the pub. Nathan joined him.

"I'm fine. I just wish....nothing."

Nathan traced Jay's forearm with his fingertips. "What do you wish?"

Jay looked into his eyes. "I wish people would mind their own business and stop commenting and suggesting things about our relationship."

Nathan chuckled. "Good luck with that."

Jay nodded. "Yeah. That is why it is a wish."

"Well, the only people we have to listen to about our relationship is us." Nathan said.

Jay nodded, but Nathan knew that it was hard for Jay to ignore certain things.

"How about I get you another drink?"

Jay nodded and watched as Nathan walked away. Jay felt a buzz from his phone. It was a twitter notification from Ariana Grande.

Denied. @Naththewanted Sorry xoxo #couldnthelpit

Jay felt his heart beating rather quickly. What is she sorry about? What was she denied? How much was she given?

Nathan was at the bar waiting for the beers, when Declan scooted over to stand next to him. "Hey kiddo."

"I'm not a kid."

Declan shrugged. "Just an expression."

"Right." He said then was handed the beer. He turned to Declan. "I have this feeling you don't like me very much."

"Oh I wouldn't say that."

Nathan raised an eyebrow. "What would you say then?"

Declan sipped his beer and looked Nathan up and down. "I'd say you are a bit too young to be settling down."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, not a kid, but young enough where you'd still want to go out and slut around."

"Maybe if you'd get to know me, you'd know that I would never do something like that."

Declan shrugged. "Well that is a shame." He said with a wink.

Nathan looked confused. "Um okay, I need to go bring this to Jay." He said then quickly walked away. He couldn't help but sneak a glance back at Declan, who appeared to be checking him out. "It's in your imagination." He said to himself.

Jay did not look happy when Nathan returned. Nathan handed him the beer and Jay basically yanked it from him.

"What happened?"

"Have you checked twitter recently?"

No good could ever come from that phrase. Nathan had learned that in this business. "No, why?" he said then sat down beside Jay.

"What happened between you and Ariana?"

Nathan's eyes widened. "Nothing...why? What did she say?"

"Nothing happened?"

Nathan rolled his eyes. "She tried to kiss me, but I said I wouldn't do that because I love my boyfriend. I swear!"

Jay felt a bit embarrassed. "Oh."

"Jesus, why do you have to jump to conclusions? You know I'd never fucking cheat on you Jay."

Jay looked sorry. "I know that. I am very sorry."

Nathan forgave him. He rested his head on Jay's shoulder. "We can't let twitter or instagram or the media mess with us okay?"

Jay nodded. "I know that. I just had a moment. Forgive me?"

Nathan squeezed him. "Of course."

Jay could sense that something was bothering Nathan. "What's wrong?"

"What if your friend actually doesn't like me?"

"He'll get over it."

Nathan nodded. "So how is he with you liking men?"

"He said that I am his friend no matter what and he supports me. Why?"

Nathan shrugged. "Just curious."

"What is it? Speak your mind."

Nathan took a sip of beer then took a deep breath. "Ever think he could be?"

Jay laughed. "No way, he is exactly like Max. I would know."

"Are you sure?"

Jay was a bit annoyed now. "Yes I am positive Nathan. What are you playing at?"

"I was just asking."

There was no way he could tell Jay anything about this right now. First of all, he wasn't sure if he misinterpreted anything. Second of all, Jay is clearly not ready to even think of the possibility that it may be true. Thirdly, he was pretty sure it would destroy their long friendship if Jay found out that his best mate had hit on his boyfriend. Nathan tried to get these thoughts out of his head.