Chapter 58

As soon as the boys got back into the car, Karen pulled out of the parking spot. So James, have you decided? Am I taking you home to pack a bag or am I dropping you off.

He began to ponder. "Can I think about it before we get there?"

"Of course hunnie."

Nathan squeezed his hand. He whispered softly to him. "What is there t think about love?"

Jay shrugged. "I dunno I..." he hesitated.

"What is it?"

"Is it too early for 'meeting the family? he said, in air quotes.

Nathan smiled. "They pretty much know you already bird."

He still didn't look convinced. "Look I don't want you getting sick of me. We don't have to do everything together."

Nathan frowned. "I know we don't have to, but..." he stopped looking a bit sad.

Jay held his hand and turned his body towards him. "Trust me, I want to do everything with you. I am just don't want to be too clingy." He confessed.

"Will you stop with that, Jay. I have missed you like crazy. Please come." He said with a pouty face.

"That is not fair." He said shaking his head. "Stop it with that face."

Karen laughed. "He is still using that face?"

Jay laughed. "Yes, and quite often I'll say."

Just then Karen pulled in front of Jay's flat. "Have you decided sweetie?"

"I think I will just stay here. Enjoy the family okay?" he said then leaned over to the front and kissed her cheek.

Nathan followed him. When they got to the front door, Nathan squeezed him. A few tears fell down his face. "Oh mate, this is rough. Too many goodbyes." He said through tears.

Jay held his face. "Oh mate, I can't do it. I can't say goodbye to you again."

Nathan smiled in relief. "So are you coming?"

Jay nodded. "Let me just pack a bag quick." He said then ran inside.

Nathan smiled over at his mother and gave her a thumbs- up.

Once, they got back to the car, Nathan quickly climbed in the back seat. "Works every time." Nathan said referring to his pouty face.

His mother smiled and laughed. "Yes it does."

On the ride to Karen's cousin's house, they played a car game, which was very popular with Nathan's family. They would put playlists on random and have to sing the song that came up as it shuffled through.

The songs would usually be from a common genre or theme. They ranged from broadways/show tunes to pop songs.

"No more Broadway songs. Nathan is getting too many points." Jay said.

Nathan's mouth dropped open. "It is not my fault I know good music."

"Let's do boy band songs." Karen said. "Jay's turn." She said then pressed the first song for him.

As they continued to play the game, the trip went by in a flash. A few hours later, they were pulling into Gretchen's driveway. Jess saw them pull into the driveway and she came running out. As soon as Nathan got out of the car, Jess was squeezing him tight. "I missed you!!!!"

Nathan hugged her back tightly. "I missed you Jessie."

As she hugged her brother she opened her eyes and saw Jay standing by the car. "Hey Jay!" she cried then walked over to him and hugged him.