Fall is Almost Here (again)

"Zarene?"

"Yeah?" I answer as I adjust my ear piece.

"Mr. Lynch is asking if you can go at the north wing to help manage the queue."

"No worries, Shane! I'll be there in five minutes."

Brown and green leaves flew in as the security opens this huge gate and I'm standing before a crowd of people who are here to claim their respective shots to fame.

One is pushing the other, the other one is having an overtake to get in the queue first.

"Alright, straighten up your blouses and tees in order for us to stick your audition number better. Once you've already got it, you can freely go around and do your thing but be sure to go back right after because the audition will begin in less than thirty minutes."

The crowd cheers and I'm glad that they somewhat became cooperative and we managed to tame them in 10 minutes otherwise I'm gonna rely to Advil again.

The wind blew again and another batch of green and brown leaves flew to my way bringing me back in time.

Fall was almost here when I left the Philippines. I could still clearly remember that day.

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

"Know that the Lord, he is God. It is He who made us, and we are His. We are His people and the sheep of His pasture"

I almost choke as I hold back my tears from falling down. It's going to be the last time that I'm going to step on this lectern and stand before this congregation. I've finally had a reason to move across the globe and the reason is him.

"Hey, Miss!"

"Is it spring already?", I ask while slightly pushing the owner of the greenest eyes I have laid my eyes on.

"What?, I'm asking where the toilets are because my bladder could literally burst", he answered rudely.

"See those blue flags?", as I point to the north. "The toilets are strategically located beneath them", making an emphasis to strategically.

"It's a little bit racist, but teenagers back home are more respectful than their counterparts in this side of the globe." I utter to my mind.

"Zarene, you need to go back inside the arena, the audition will start in ten minutes and Mr. Lynch is expecting your opinions.", Shane softly asked me through my ear piece.

"I'm coming, I just need to pick up my organizer, thanks." 

I undo my ear piece and soon my eyes met those green eyes again.

"Hey, Miss. Ummm. I just wanna say sorry for my attitude a while ago. I was just a little pissed off for holding my pee for almost an hour."

"That's fine, no problem." And I turned my back as the security taps his two fingers on his wrist watch reminding me to hurry up.

I headed straight backstage and met with Mr. Lynch taking last minute instructions.

Mr. Ronan Lynch is a music mogul who is out to find fresh talents and this is his way to get new ones. Call all the underage and overage aspirants all over the world to star in his dream talent search show on GBTV.