The Rainbow During the Storm

It's half past five in the morning when I wake up. No traces of Ms. Zarene can be tracked again except the note that she posted on the fridge. My sweet little pea prepared a breakfast for me again and there's an instruction on how to take the public transit back to Marylebone with the "call me when you're lost again" as her post scriptum.

I finished my food and immediately left her house to avoid the weekend London traffic when a flash of camera hit my face. I didn't know where that one came from. Maybe it came from an avid fan of Mr. Bean, because they say, the famous comedy character is fictionally living here. Or maybe the real Mr. Bean or Sir Rowan Atkinson lives here actually.

Forty more minutes and I'm back at Marylebone.

"How many points for the Groups' House?" Andrew teases me again.

"Oh, man. Don't deny it! I knew where were you last night and how you spent it. So how many rounds? Vaginal or clitoral orgasm?"

"I don't know what you are talking about! We just watched a movie in her living room then went to two different rooms. No advances or anything."

"But I'm scared the weekend morning news is begging to disagree." Lattrel interrupted us.

I raced to the common room to find my face plastered on the TV.

Underage global talent search contender pictured leaving
Mr. Lynch's assistant's house this early morning

I found myself dialing Ms. Zarene's number. I need to talk to her before her judgment becomes clouded. Too good she picked up on the second ring.

"Hello Henry, are you lost again?" She asked unconscious of the problem I have inflicted on her.

"No, I'm back here at Marylebone. I wonder if you can meet me at Teacups, the tea house across the Marylebone Park. We need to talk." I try to calm myself.

"Alright, I'll be there soon." She suspended the call and I feel like calling all the Gods above.

Zarene's POV

I wonder why Henry needs to meet me up. But I can trace fear in his voice. I drove to Marylebone, ignoring the calls from my sister and Laurie. I don't want another hole in my driver's license. I wonder why England won't allow the drivers use their phones even when we are under the green light.

I parked my car to the next available space before answering my sister's call.

"So how was having an underage in between your sheets last night?" My sister asks extravertedly."

"What are you talking about?" I asked her back while waving my hand to Henry who was already inside the tea house.

"Welcome to England, my dear sister. Haven't you known that your name has been dragged by Henry to the muddy pond!"

"I'm sorry but I don't get it. Stop burning papers!" I yelled at her on the phone earning a few glances from the people inside the tea house.

"Henry was pictured by a paparazzo leaving your house at 6:00 this morning, leaving an impression that you two have an affair and spent the night in bliss." She howled at me.

By the time I could fully comprehend the conflict, Henry was already sobbing in front of me and mercilessly blaming himself.

I locked him in my arms. When. . .

Click!

The shutter sound disconnected us from each other and before I could infer anything, Henry was already running after the paparazzo. I managed to withdraw him before he could do anything unlawful.

I dragged him to the parking space and there, he spent the whole five minutes sitting on his knees and shaking tears asking for forgiveness which I am completely clueless.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Zarene! I should have been more careful. I'm sorry, if I dragged you into this controversy. Please forgive me!" Henry's knees still on the hard concrete.

"What are you talking about?" I asked unconsciously.

"I was pictured earlier le-leaving your house and now Lo-London is labelling you as a cradle snatcher who had just sex with an underage!" He chokes in his tears.

"I should've been more careful that I'm a media property now."

"And do you really think that I would get mad on you? I'm not blaming anyone. What if that paparazzo needs money for his sick child and by this time, he's got hope on saving his child. What he did was unacceptable but let's try to get the second face of the story."

I've never met someone like her who could see a rainbow amidst the storm. Typically, to a woman in her status 'fisticuffs in court' will be the first option. Now, I can't help but fall harder throwing her master plan at the back of my mind.

 Now, I can't help but fall harder throwing her master plan at the back of my mind