A Day in My Life

Zarene's POV

It's almost twelve midnight when I reached my house at Highbury and my strength was totally drained. But what is that pink sticky note doing on my fridge's door? I didn't remember sticking something like that.

I immediately took it off.

Ms. Zarene,

I'm sorry for being stupid. It's entirely my fault for not calling Mr. Shane the moment I missed my train stop. I would like to express my deep gratitude as well for the effort you made just to find me and even adopting me for a night. I don't want to think of the possibilities if you didn't find me last night. And for this, I owe you one, fine lady.

See you.

Henry

I don't know, but what appears to be real is that I appreciate his sweet gesture. But that thought was pushed to the back of my mind. I received an update earlier about my probationary membership in Mexico. They informed me that they are considering my application but they still have to further evaluate my submitted documents. It's not 100% sure yet but I have faith and I'm not letting anyone to ruin it.

"Congratulations! Mom, told me that they considered your application. But I hope you will still consider standing before the altar and not beside the altar.

She's always like that. She's happy for me but will always take an opportunity to target my future plans.

I'm just fine that my probationary membership didn't coincide with this talent slash reality show thing. Plus, this show will only last for three months, so I'm still good.

I opened the door to the guest room that Henry occupied last night. I need to collect the beddings so I can drop them to the laundry shop before I go to Mardale Drive. Call me a neat freak but if I need to do something myself, I'd rather do it now instead of waiting for tomorrow.

As I shove the beddings to my trunk, a necklace falls from the creases and lands on my foot. The pendant is a greenstone shaped to a fish hook or something alike.  Henry must've dropped it unconsciously.

I continued shoving the remaining beddings and as I walk towards my porch, I noticed that two of my Peruvian Lily flowers are missing

I continued shoving the remaining beddings and as I walk towards my porch, I noticed that two of my Peruvian Lily flowers are missing. The kids next door must've fancied them and couldn't simply defy the urge to pick them. I surely hold, Joan won't be seating a resentment against me if I only offered ten stems of flowers instead of twelve.

I collected the remaining flowers scared that they will be gone by sunrise. Put them in a vase with crushed aspirin soaked in the water. A life hack I've learned from my mother. A few more minutes and I'm ready to finally call it a day.

That's how my life goes for the last three months.

Leaving my bed at 4:00 in the morning and leaving the house before 5:30 a. m.

Attending the morning praise at the St. Joan of Arc Parish.

Driving further to Mardale Drive to earn bucks and practically spend the whole day juggling calls, emails, notes and reports

And by that time I leave the studios, I'm literally like a floating puffer fish already.

Not to mention my weekend long-drive to Pembroke to earn units for my Philosophy and Industrial Psychology degree.

I'm just lucky enough to live in a high street where you can find everything you need to survive.

But, I'm not complaining. Everything I do today will be reaped in Mexico.

I was awakened by the sound of marimba from my phone. Before I could comprehend, it's already the time of the day again.

I was congratulated by Mr. and Mrs. Suarez, a Mexican couple who lives in the next street. They are happy about my probationary membership and even teased me that my Spanish must be graded A by now. They also adored my Peruvian lilies but got upset because they saw a pale teenage boy with a bunch of curls on my porch sniffing and cutting my precious flowers.

"Oh no! Who else could've seen him on my porch aside from my sister and this couple?" It's good that this couple didn't think of anything aside from the fact that someone mercilessly picked my flowers.

"Henry! You mop head!" I could've punched you right now but no. I'm not like that. I'm not raised to be a war freak yet to be a neat freak.

I arrived at the Fontana Studios a little bit early. Lucky for me because I still have to reappraise the progress of these hopefuls. The four judges will be here today and Mr. Lynch requested me a detailed appraisal.

And in an hour, the studio was half filled by the judges, their assistants, crew members, coaches and stylists.

The hopefuls undergo in a massive training today as the studio elimination will be taking place in two days.

It's nerve wracking day for all of us. I'm slowly running out of comments and my perfectionist persona is already failing. And some hopefuls wouldn't simply coordinate, always stuffing their mouths with food. Like how are you suppose to dance when your stomach is full? Could you even sing when you have a gaseous tummy because you wouldn't leave that tray of tacos at bay?