1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

A couple more hours and we're done piling the groceries. She asked me to help myself with sandwiches as she makes the dinner. I carefully watch her as she grates the carrot and slices the red onions.

"Is it fine if we have Asian edibles?" She asks.

"That would be lovely." I winked at her.

Thirty more minutes and dinner is ready.

She's like a chef proud of her creations.

"What's with the tacos? I thought it's Mexican." I tease her.

"It's actually an emergency food, in case you don't like the strange foods."

"I'm not picky with the exception of mayonnaise." I assure her.

"So, how's everyone at the studio." Stuffing her mouth with spring rolls.

"Generous amount of pressure. It's exhausting to run between presscons and TV guestings. These things are kind of strange but I'm starting to enjoy every moment. We're working on NKOTB."

"NKOTB? That's amazing! I'd better prepare now to shoot down your choreography." Letting a cute giggle again.

"You know what? You're cute when you giggle."

"So I look like a puppy or something?" She started to giggle again.

"What? Hell no! What made you think that you look like one?"

"Because it my country, when you tell someone he's cute, it means he's as cute as a puppy."

"Alright, you're still cute. Cute as a button!"

"Like the pink button on your shirt?"

"Cuter than the pink button on my shirt!"

"I'm chuffed to establish this friendship with you. I've known Aleks for four years but it's different when you meet a new friend from the other side of England, you get a different perspective."

"I'm scared that the feeling is mutual. I've got to learn new things from you already. You're different from the women in my native of Crewe."

"Oh wait. I forgot to call someone!" She immediately grabbed her phone and started dialing.

"Hello! Good evening, Fr. José. I call to inform you that I was already discharged from the hospital earlier today and would like to take my slots again effective tomorrow."

A few more exchange of words and she hang up.

"You're gonna read for the morning praises again?"

"Yeah! I can't wait to do it again. It felt like forever. And for that I need to prepare things for tomorrow and for the time being, you can devour to my movie collection. It's already late and there's no way I'm letting you go back to Marylebone. I don't want to spend the entire evening looking for a lost boy." She gave me an immodest smirk as she goes upstairs.

I scoured through her movie collections. She's got lots of romantic and religious flicks. I went for A Walk to Remember. I have seen The Notebook but not this one yet.

The flick is nearly done but still no signs of her so I decided to check on her. And there she was in her study room, flipping pages and jotting down things. She seems a little preoccupied and failed to notice my presence.

When. . . I grabbed the papers off her desk and rushed downstairs. She raced down behind me and started jumping to retrieve her papers from me. She maybe ten years older than me but I'm ten centimeters taller than her.

"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful."

I stood still on my tracks my eyes glued on the TV screen.

"Hey! What happened to you? Earth to Henry!" She waves her hands on my face.

"Your definition of love. Now, I realize why you want to remain single for the rest of your life. Because you're living in that epistle. An attribute that is no longer existing in this generation."

"No, that's not the reason. So kindly give me back my papers, I'm almost done with the draft."

"I'm scared you're not getting any of these." And her eyes grew in terror as she saw her papers flew in every direction.

"No, you're not picking any of them as well." I flinched as I drag her off the carpeted floor.

"Why do you have to do every single thing in your life according to your plan? Life is short; it's fun to break the rules sometimes. Come here beside me, there's still a Nicholas Sparks flick to watch."

"But Henry! I have to catch lots of things and this is not going to help me." She complains.

"They're not going to hurt you, I swear. So let those papers sit on the floor so we can start watching the next flick."

"Yeah, right! If the flick is right!" She challenges me.

"The Notebook featuring the über-hot Ryan Gosling." I tease her.

"Alright you and the Young Hercules won."

My heart flutters but who is Young Hercules? "I don't know him but I'm secretly penning my thank you note to him."

"But wait! Friday movie time comes with popcorns and soda pop!" Excitement is in her big hazel brown eyes.

She rushed to the kitchen and went back with two bags of popcorns and a crate of soda pop plus a roll of paper towel.

"Paper towels for the tears later!" She exclaimed.

The movie starts to roll and before Noah sees Allie again in Charleston, Ms. Zarene is already snoozing on my shoulder. She must be really tired from the day. I continued watching the film until Noah and Allie shared that one passionate rainy afternoon. And I felt like I got carried away. I felt the urge to touch her skin and kiss her passionately but this is not fair for her. She's innocent and pure. And I don't want to ruin our friendship.

I just carried her bridal style to her bedroom and set her alarm to four in the morning then I gently planted a goodnight kiss on her forehead

I just carried her bridal style to her bedroom and set her alarm to four in the morning then I gently planted a goodnight kiss on her forehead. I'm glad that I got to contain myself.

I went downstairs and turned off the telly and one by one, I picked up her papers that I scattered a few hours ago before heading to her guest room again.

Love is never rude or selfish.