Sands of Time

It's almost one o'clock in the morning when I reached Highbury. I am sort of knackered but I enjoyed ice skating with Henry. I enjoyed watching him do some moves on the ice. To tell the truth, I just stood there and appreciated his attractiveness. His brown hair with curly tips, his orbs that are as green as the meadow grass, his jawline that is as strong as his sex appeal, his itty bitty mole at the base of his facial indentation and his plump lips that I could hang my lips to forever. He's really impossible to resist. But those are all skin-deep. What catches me the most is his personality. The way he spreads love from one place to another. I barely know him, but I know her mother really nailed it raising him in modesty.

I scolded myself when I quivered. I just continued straightening the bends on my khaki slacks and maroon turtleneck.

I set my phone alarm to three thirty and checked my organizer for one more time before succumbing to somnolence.

I don't know where I draw my strength but with only two hours of sleep, I still managed to drag myself to the shower and readied for the five thirty church service. I reviewed the Scripture for today before my phone was swarmed by text messages from Henry which I completely ignored. And by the looks of it, Henry wasn't satisfied that he called me as well. 

"Oh, Jesus! You finally picked it up. Good morning, love. I thought you're still sleeping." He asked me from the other end of the line.

"Good morning, too. I'm actually leaving for the church now." I answered frugally.

"You didn't send me a text message when you got home." Adding a frowning face to conclude his message.

"I'm sorry. I prepared my things and just dozed off easily due to exhaustion."

"That's fine love. As long as you arrived safely. See you at the church."

I want to forbid him from spending his time and money on me, but I know he won't listen to me. I want to tell him that he's consuming my time and I'm literally lost in my timetable already.

It's been a great morning so far not until the children who attended the Lauds mobbed Henry for a photo opportunity.

I almost laughed when a tiny girl in pink boots smelled his curly hair in pure delight. But I had to pull him out from the crowd as we are thirty minutes behind the time.

The drive to Marylebone was filled with his stories of the kids, their sincere smile and innocence. The brooding fear is eating up my sanity as he slowly penetrates himself to my life. The brooding fear that I may not be able to pass this test of faith.

Everyone is almost ready for the day when we arrived at the apartment. I threw myself to a couch near the window and started working on my laptop while eating my takeaway black forest roll. I had to review the questions for All Caps as the production crew set up the lights at the backyard.

"Makes me wanna pop your cherry." A voice from somewhere collected annoyance to my outer ear. I looked around in search of the lawbreaker and caught Henry's widening grin.

"I want to pop the cherry on your cake. It's unusual that you had black forest for breakfast. What happened to the poor strawberries?" He asked in a manner that would annoy me.

"Here. There. Under the tree. Gone with the wind." I answered in complete botheration.

"Ah, hmmm. But it's not windy today."