The Goodnight Kiss

Zarene's POV

I can't believe what I have just done. I just expressed my inhibition to someone who is twice younger than me. It felt surreal yet calming to my system. 'I just snogged a sixteen year old wet behind the ears.' I will be reversely crucified for this!

"Lost in thoughts again, huh?"

"I'm sorry. I'm dropping you off at the Marylebone." She said as we started moving from the stop light.

"No need, love. I'm fine with the Euston Station. I can manage everything. What I'm worried about is you. It's a bit late and I know you had a long day, you need to take a rest."

"Yet I'm scared that you might get lost again. I know how you suck at following directions."

"Then I'll have Mr. Shane to pick me up, if I get lost again. You need to rest. See, your face reads exhaustion."

"It reads u. g. l. y."

"What?"

"My face reads ugly. That I'm ugly now."

"No, you're still cute even you are already burned out."

"I'm not a puppy."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're not a puppy but you're a kitten. Meow! Meow!" He clawed his fingers to imitate a kitten.

"Kitten, love, baby honey, sweet pea. I wonder if you still have pet names left for me."

"Angel!"

"Huh?!"

"My only angel."

"Oh, shut up Henry!"

"I'm not kidding. I saw an angel in you. You're an angel to everyone, to Mr. Lynch, to Markus, to Sister Elizabeth, to me."

"I'm gonna grab my wings and fly to heaven." She joked as she flapped her hands pretending to fly.

"No, not something like that. You're an earthly angel who doesn't need wings nor halo. Your dreams are your wings and when they come true, they'll shine brighter than a halo."

"What if my dreams don't come true?"

"Whew! I've never expected those words from you. You always have that optimism in you. But don't worry, I'll be here to help you fulfill your dreams. I'll impregnate you, ten times then leave you. Now you have ten kids for your orphanage."

He laughed when he saw my eyes grew in terror. I know he just wanted to lighten my mood that's why he cracked an underrated joke.

Just when we were having fun, the Euston Station came to our sight. He collected his stuff and got off. I was about to start the car when I heard a slight knock on my window. I lifted my gaze and met his emerald orbs. I rolled down the window and asked if he forgotten anything. He leaned and pointed the dimple on his right cheek.