The Uninvited Guest

"But I'm scared."

"I'll be there for you. Come on, let's give it a try. The highest place that I've been is the viaduct near my place."

She parked the car and we got our tickets but I can sense that she's still scared

"There's no London Eye in Mexico." I teasingly reminded her.

I held her hand tight as we enter the capsule. We're fortunate that this place is not crowded. It's like we own the place.

"Don't worry. I'll be with you all the time. You're not going to get hurt."

The ferris wheel started to move gradually and she held me closer. I could feel her breath warming the crook of my neck with her eyes widely shut.

The magnificent London cityscape is slowly revealing itself before my eyes.

"They are right, Zarene. It's beautiful up here. The Tower Bridge, the London Bridge, the River Thames and the Elizabethan Tower. The beautiful lights of London."

"No, I'm not taking a glance

"No, I'm not taking a glance. I'm really scared."

"Dr. Maggie Rice, how's life up there? I know, you're happy because you were able to conquer your fear while you were still down here."

"What are you doing?" She asked me with her eyes still closed.

"I'm talking to Dr. Maggie."

"Stupid, boy!" Her eyes met mine as she knocked my head her lips slowly brushing against mine.

I almost lose all my control and kissed her again but she retracted the distance between us, the City of London stole her from me.

"Christ! This is so wonderful Henry. They are right. You are right. It's beautiful up here. I never imagined, London could be this beautiful."  Tears of happiness are slowly forming in her eyes.

"Do you see Seth?" I unconsciously asked her.

"He's in Los Angeles, not in London."

"Yeah, but angels do fly and I've already found one in London."