Iris

Henry's POV

I'm starting to feel bummed and Ms. Zarene is not cooperating. I know she wanted to annoy me and congratulations to her because she attained her goals. I'm more than annoyed.

She disappeared in my sight and thanked God. Her presence made me shaky because she is expecting a lot from us particularly because we garnered most of the public votes last night.

My phone buzzed to a message from Jessica.

We're leaving for Crewe tonight. I hope you can come over before we leave.

Yeah, Jess. I'm free tonight.

Where have you been this morning? Lattrel told me that you left the flat before sunrise.

Yeah. I just accompanied my son to school.

Son? Since when you have fathered a son?

He's Markus. A six-year old boy who fondly calls Ms. Zarene as his mum and me as his dad.

Ms. Zarene has a child?

No. Markus was abandoned by his parents and was raised by Ms. Zarene and the nuns. Such an adorable boy.

I got it. So are you bringing the kiddo tonight.

I'm afraid not. He has school plus I still have to ask a permission from the nuns.

That's sad but I still hope I can meet your 'son' one day.

Yes you will and you will love him too.
Btw, any rock song in mind?

Why?

This week's theme is rock anthems and we haven't thought of a good rock song yet. Well, we've considered a few but none seemed perfect.

Late 90s rock are the best. Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Nirvana and the list goes on.

Thanks. I'll Google their discography so we could make a selection. See you.

No worries, baby bro.

I shoved my phone to my front pocket and closed the door behind me. If inspiration can't find me then I'll find inspiration myself.

I walked my way to Teacups kicking every pebbles my pink trainers hit on. I earned a few glances from a group of teenage girls hanging out at the park. A couple of them keep whispering something to their colleagues.

I opened the front door of my so far favourite place and was greeted by an old woman standing beside the cashier as she looked for Ms. Zarene. She was kinda frustrated when she realised that the woman she is looking for is nowhere to be seen.

I had a cup of green tea and a slice of strawberry cake. I could've forefelt Ms. Zarene's excitement if she could see the mouth watering strawberry on top of the baker's creation.