The King and His Queen

Henry's POV

I'm already pissed off and pissing. My bladder has been keeping up with me and I'm stuck here. I can't decide whether to leave my place and lose my chance or to empty this bladder.

That's when I saw a five foot something miss emerging from the huge arena gates. She's undoing that thing in her ear and holding a paper bag on her other hand. She's not from here, I suppose. She's got brown complexion, wide hazel brown eyes paired with long lashes. Oh, natural long lashes. She gave instructions and I'm convinced, she's not really brought up in England, not even in the US and never in Australia. She's got a very weird accent. Mixing the English and American accents alternately. And my mind began to wander.

"Alright, straighten up your blouse and tees in order for us to stick your audition number better. Once you've already got it, you can freely go around and do your thing but be sure to go back right after because the audition will begin in less than thirty minutes.

"Oh, what she just said?!"

"Ouch!" Be careful! I snap when a staff plastered the audition number across my shirt.

Next thing I know is I'm already directly staring at those hazel brown eyes but for some odd reasons , she didn't manage to notice me until earth came back to her and weirdly asked if it's spring already.

I wanted to correct her yet my bladder would never allow me. So I impolitely asked for the toilet. She sarcastically pointed to the blue flags a few meters away from here. "Finally, a loo!"

Just when I was about to go back, I saw her going inside so I practically ran to give her my apologies for being an arsehole a while ago.

The security informed us that the audition will start in five minutes and participants are to be called alternately from each arena wing.

" Oh, I've never been this nervous." I pace back and forth.

It's almost two hours before I finally get to take the stage and there she was, jotting down something on her big notebook.

I took a glance at her once more before stepping on the stage.

I belted out Air Supply's Here I Am and I wondered why that song came to my comprehension when I'm supposed to sing a rockier version of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance minus the so-called Gaga Law.

Too good, I didn't stammer or something. I've got mixed reviews from the judges, but I've been really grateful that I managed to steal two votes to seal the fate.

I was instructed to meet with Zarene. "Ah, she's got a weird name, as weird as her mixed accents."

I climbed a notch to annoy her but she acted professionally the entire time.

She then instructed me to go back stage and meet with the other hopefuls. And strange as it may seem, but I'm the fifteenth hopeful. This is going to be a stiff competition.

I shook hands with them and made friends instantly with Lattrel - a college freshman from Nashville, Tennessee and Andrew - a music technology major in his home of Hobsonville in New Zealand.

We instantly clicked and I suggested that if we get sacked prematurely, we should form a group and beg if we could ink a recording deal.

Three hours later and forty more hopefuls were added.

And there she was again. Giving us instructions to keep in touch as the audition process moves to places.

" Ohh, it means I won't be seeing her around anymore. I'm clueless why this lady intrigues me. Hmmm. Maybe because I haven't interacted with a Pacific Islander before. I've got friends back home, one has Arabic roots and one is an hombre."

"I'm glad you're here!" A voice from nowhere snitches.

"Aleks!"

Zarene replied with excitement.

"So, how's the editing process went?" I eavesdrop.

"It ends today, so I basically have a few months to take a rest before it hits the cinema."

"What cinema?" I asked myself.

"Oh no! He's the protagonist from the film that I watched a couple of years ago. He portrays King Edward and rules along with his three siblings in a fictional kingdom of Blue Lantern.

Girls behind me rushed to his way and were fondly asking for an autograph and picture but his eyes remained glued to Zarene

They stayed for a little while before leaving the arena and I hope it's not going to be the last time that I'm going to see those hazel brown eyes again.