Yes or No

In 3, 2, 1.

The first hopeful from the south wing is being called to go upstage.

She's a Caucasian around 15 years old and sang her heart out to Mariah Carey's rendition of Open Arms.

The judges took notes, one agreed but the other two did not.

I'm bummed, this isn't a good as a start.

Hopefuls were called alternately from the south wing to the north wing queues.

The audition went on and on and I'm really getting knackered. Out of 100 hopefuls, only 15 lucky brats are accepted.

I almost dropped my notebook when I saw the owner of those green eyes is taking the center stage.

" Hi! My name is Henry Walford, 16 and I'm going to attend college in two weeks. And oh, I'm from a place which is three train stations away from here."

"Alright, Henry. Let's see what you can bring to the table", Mr. Lynch challenges.

"Ah a sixteener and already has a doctorate in rude-mentary", I tell to myself.

Just when I thought I was over youAnd just when I thoughtI could stand up my ownOh baby those memories come crashing throughAnd I just can't go on without Go on without you

And just when I thought
I could stand up my own
Oh baby those memories come crashing through
And I just can't go on without
Go on without
you....

"What the hell?" This cannot be. He wasn't even born yet when that song was released neither do I. He should sing songs his age, you know like a rockier version of Lady Gaga and Daddy Yankee."

"That was impressive, Henry even though you don't sing your age. But basically, it's wonderful. I wonder what you can still bring to the table."

"I'm sorry", Mr. Lathbury interrupts. You've got a great voice but you should sing your age and go back here when you're taking your degree already. Because, I guess you haven't comprehended yet the concept of this show."

"Oh, David! I must get you on hearing aids by now! Haven't you heard that he has an amazing voice?", Ms. Colette McCassland stirs up the argument.

Let's just vote, Mr. Lynch breaks the court drama.

"It's a no for me", Mr. Lathbury declares.

And it's a yes for me and Colette. Right, Ms. McCassland?", Mr. Lynch snaps.

"Right! So Henry congratulations and don't forget to go to Zarene down there. She needs your details."

"Thank you so much. I've never been this grateful." Henry's spring peepers dart to my direction.

"Hey, I made it to the next round. So what do you need? My phone number, address, names of my former flames, or my heart?"

"Oh God, what have I gotten into? This teenage douche bag is draining my blood."

"I just need your name and contact number so I can update you with the progress."

He flashes a grin as he gives me the details while I neatly write it to my organizer.

"Now that you already have my number, I guess I have a new textmate by evening".

"Nah!", I raise an eyebrow in annoyance.

"I need to talk to Mr. Lynch. He must transfer me to the next department so I can still exist", I told myself.