Angels and Demons

Song for this chapter

Demonyo by JK Labajo (redefined version)

She's an angel from up above who got lost on this sphere of mortal life. A sanctified creature with a refracted halo and a damaged wing. And I'm a demon who ascended from the nether world. A desacralized tempter with a hurting red heart and blazing green orbs.

Yes. I'm a demon who never fails to send an angel to the edge of the earth but her as an angel, she likewise, never fails to recall her immaculacy.

And I'll never be the same again.

Suddenly, small white ice crystals start to form on the window sill. My mind starts to roam again. She dislikes the cold weather. She dislikes winter and I begin to dislike it just right now because I know, she'll be gone once the snow stops to fall and my life will be nothing but a colourless painting.

"Ain't you going to close that window? Cause I guess Ms. Zarene won't be taking a snowflake for a gift."

Scoffing at Lattrel, I carefully pull down the window pane and haul out the curtains with the snow disappearing completely before my eyes.

"Looks like winter has arrived a little early this year and will be ending a little early too next year."

"Fuck, Lattrel! Why can't you just send yourself to sleep and leave me alone."

"Hey, bro! Chill! Calm your heart down."

"I wish I could." God knows how much I tried to hold these tears from falling down.

"Hey! You're only sixteen. Don't think she's the last woman that you could meet in your entire lifetime."

"Yeah, that's true but she's the only woman who can make me last a lifetime."

He held his hands up and sat on his bunk bed. "I'm done with Ms. Zarene. I know she's leaving to follow her calling and I hope you do the same as well. It's easier said than done but you have to. You have to take each day to move on so when that day comes, you won't get hurt anymore. There are some people who go on our way but for other reasons, they don't stay. You have to give her wings back and let her fly. She's not yours to keep."

And I promise, tears start to flow freely from my eyes. The truth hurts. All this time all I do is hide from the truth.

I faced the following day with anxiousness in my head, too worried because I have to spend the future without Ms. Zarene. I may have a lack of moral goodness this time but I worry much about my fucked up love life rather than a crying Isabel who just blew her nose before me. Their performance last night was a miss and she was responsible for it. I didn't know what actually happened to them. Ms. Zarene favored them more this week but Isabel messed it up during the live show. Her timing was a little off and even failed to reach the notes. But did I care? Hell no! It's hard to see her fail but that's how this competition goes. It happens once a week.

We've got an early call time today because our group performance rehearsal was moved a little early to give way to our first live interview that will be broadcasted live on The Ikon's official webpage. And for that, we've got people standing on either side lecturing "don't say this, don't say that". But I managed to perceive a very familiar voice among them. "Just be yourself." Zarene then blended herself to the sea of production crew.

And in 3, 2, 1, we finally went live for the interview. 

Jacob: Welcome back to The Ikon's Overrun! I know most of you have been waiting for this since the Ikon aired for the first time. Let's put our hands together for All Caps!