Six Red Roses for Two Peruvian Lilies

Henry's POV

It's Thursday, day three and I've never been this confident. We're having the final rehearsals for today before the elimination tomorrow and for some reasons, I have changed my song choices just before I drift last night.

I've got:

1. Breakeven by The Script

2. Secrets by One Republic

3. Misery by Maroon 5

4. Live Like We're Dying by Kris Allen

and Just the Way You are by Bruno Mars (it's not really a dance song but if you imagine that you're dancing with someone else, it will make you think that it is indeed a love/ dance song.)

We were driven to the studios again as per usual. We were told that we need to sing snippets of our song choices before we choose one song for the elimination tomorrow. And there she was. Standing next to Ms. Laurie holding her planner and six red roses. Ms. Laurie appears to be teasing her but she doesn't seem affected.

"Ah, Henry, you must have dropped this when you left my guest room. And thank you for the roses."

Before I could comprehend what she had just said to me, she is already on her way to the studio.

I'm clueless. How does she know that I was the one who sent the roses? I had it delivered so she wouldn't know.

"Ms

"Ms. Zarene!" I sped up to catch on her. "How did you know that I sent those roses?"

"Six red roses for two Peruvian lilies."

"Someone saw you while plucking my flowers." she smirked. The flowers that I am growing for St. Joan of Arc and you have the guts to pluck them without any consideration."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that those were your offerings."

"Nah, I'm just kidding. Forget it. It didn't make a fuss." She smiled at me while bringing the handycam close to my face.

"We need to keep going. We've got so much to do today. You know, the bosses are being themselves again."

"What's with the handycam, today?" I ask nosily.

"Mr. Lynch asked for the footages for today's rehearsal. He may not be here but he wants everything on film so he can watch it later tonight." She answered while fixing the tripod.

"Ah, a digital way to burn our dreams into dust."

"That's from you, not from me." She teases me.

A few minutes later and the rehearsals began and her camera started to roll.

We sang snippets of our chosen songs. I got conscious while singing Breakeven and almost stopped midway, but I saw Ms. Zarene encouraged me to reclaim from my mistake and I never felt so confident. Her smile is already enough for a motivation. I just thought that we are not surrounded by people and cameras; that we own the moment; that I'm serenading her. I got lost of the environment and I was staring at her the whole time. Her hazel brown eyes that shows her soul, her tiny fingers holding the roses, her hair that shines even more with the flash of strobe lights.

I was awaken from my deep thoughts by her applause and when I look in her direction, she gave me two thumbs up and winked at me that instantly made my heart pound to a thousand beats.

"Alright, boys. You're given a couple of hours before we carry on to the dancing   You can also have your dinner downstairs." As soon as Mr. Shane finishes his announcement, everyone in the studio came rushing downstairs.

"Ain't you going to take a rest?" I nosily asked Ms. Zarene.

"Not until I'm done attaching the video attachments. Mr. Lynch requested them and I'm taking this gap to work on it."

"Okay, if that's what you wish to do. Your wish is my command." I answered back as I excuse myself.

I got two helpings of pepperoni pizza and bottled water and headed to the upper floor. She was all alone and quietly working on her task and in between, sniffing the roses that I gave her.

I sharply expelled the air from my lungs to announce my presence.

"This little lady here won't take a break, so I brought the break up here. Why don't you have some of these while you wait for your videos to be attached?" I teasingly asked her while handing the food tray to her.

"No need to bother, young man. But I do really appreciate it." She told me stuffing her mouth with pizza.

"You know what? You look so cute while sniffing the roses. They don't have a particular odor so I wonder why you kept on sniffing them."

"It's that. No one has ever given me a flower yet." She blushes in embarrassment.

"Are you friggin kidding me? With your beauty and social status, no one has dared?" I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. 

She faced the floor with blood rushing to her cheeks.

"Yeah. Guys give me chocolates and event tickets but none has given me a flower. Not even Aleks." She shrugged in her fate.

"I think I should get you flower seeds when the spring comes. So even though I'm already gone and can no longer send you roses, you will still have them."