It's been 84 Years

Hi, girl! 

Been a minute.

A whole bunch of shit happened to me but I ain't gon remember all of it. But we'll start with the most important thing-- I'm THIS-- I'm pinching my thumb and index finger together in real life-- THIS close to declaring my major. I understand I'm like a million years late to the party, but..

BETTER LATE THAN NEVAHHHH!!! THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY!! *Riley Burrus voice*

Out of utter desperation I combed one of my biggest locs out because it looked flat and the bottom was a little annoying. It didn't even look like a cute spiral, that shit looked like a brillo pad. No thanks! So bitch, I comb it out, thinking it's gon be damn near impossible because I've had my locs in for close to 1.5 years. January makes it 1.5, I think. Anyway, I'm combing it out, not paying attention, til I got halfway through. Bitch, wouldn't you know I'm FINALLY at bra-strap (the literal straps, not the lil rectangular thing at the middle of your back, I ain't there YET) length. My natural, now-loose hair was damn near stretching to the middle of my titty! Don't be talking shit if your hair been to your ass your whole life-- good for you ma'am, proud of you. LET ME HAVE THIS, BITCH!!! It was thick as a motherfucker, too. So, I took a picture of it so I could cherish this moment forever cuz this shit was going RIGHT back up. It was even more annoying than I could remember because now I had more damn hair to maintain. Smh. 

I showed the picture to my mom and she was like, "imagine if you took your dreads out and flat ironed your hair". And I was like "exactly, that's why I'm NOT taking them out". I ain't ready for all that bullshit yet. I ain't ready to give up this life of convenience. I still LOVE my hair, even though I have gone through and took down (and split up) three or so more locs since then. One thing I noticed was all but one loc (which I suppose still had some heat damage) stayed in the twists much easier than when I first got them done. Seeing that made me change  my mind about cutting my hair, when or if I get tired of my hair. Before, I was gon' be like, "fuck it, it's hair, who cares?" If I was gon be bald, I was gonna have a hat on or something covering my head. We gon try to work with this bullshit, and I'll let y'all know what happened if I ain't tired of being on here, lol. Playing with me, this is probably EONS down the road. 

Anyway, most of my locs are touching the back of my neck, a few of them are touching my shoulders. I'm still excited to reach milestones with my hair which is another reason I'm going to keep my locs in. I just watched a couple of women take out their locs and they kept their hair and it was beautiful! I don't plan to take mine out in the near future, I'm thinking at least not until I'm completely done with school. I'm not even talking about THIS go round, I'm still heavily considering the possibility of going back to undergrad-- I'm just unsure if I REALLY want to go for Early Childhood Education (currently I'm doing Elementary), or if I wanna go in a different direction. It's like, I wanna work with children whether I'm teaching them in a classroom setting or in a daycare. But then it's like, what if I opened one? Pretty much, I'm thinking about what having a second degree in the same field would do-- SURELY it would bring more income, right, but what if it doesn't? Like, can't I do things in Early Childhood with an Elementary Education degree. 

Actually, prolly not 'cause you have to actually take tests in each field that are different--and if they aren't, I'm finna tell them to check my records cuz that ain't happenin'! Lol.

Semester's coming to an end. I'm not THAT shook about my grades. Of course, they aren't the best, but I believe I'll escape this semester unscathed. I believe I'll get through all of them. Next semester..

Who the fuck gon pay my balance this semester??? Lol, last year it was a damn mess and I don't want it to be the same. So after I do my homework, I'm gonna see what I can do about some loans, lol. DID YALL KNOW THE ORANGE TOOK AWAY A FEDERAL LOAN????????????????????

The Perkins Loan. I blame him. I would have had my problem solved by now, FUCK him. 

I don't know whose damn money I'ma use for this second degree 'cause the Orange wants to make sure it ain't Uncle Sam. But guess what, though, IT AINT GON BE ME, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN??

Bye.