Crash-JSE

I was driving to the shop, getting food. Jack was at home as he had to finish off his video, which I was fine with. I supported him in everything, and he did the same with me.

I finished packing the food into the boot of the car before closing it and getting in the front seat. I reversed out of the parking space and began driving away from the shop.

The light turned green and I drove forward. I turned my head slightly, seeing a lorry speeding, about to ram into my car. I swerved to the side slightly, but felt a huge impact. I heard a crunch and felt the car flip upside down. I screeched in pain when something jammed into my leg. Blood flew everywhere and I heard screams.

I could faintly hear someone call an ambulance. I could also hear them say that it was a bit and run. The lorry driver went away as fast as they could. I heard the driver's seat door open after a while, and felt someone try to pull me out. I tried pushing myself but my arms were weak and maybe broken. I helped in pain as I was finally removed from my car. I was lay on the floor and everything started going black. I could barely hear anything. Just ringing. My eyesight went black and I could hear nothing.

Jack's POV

Its been a couple hours since y/n left to go to the shop, and I'm getting worried. I was watching out the window when there was a knock on my door. I walked down the stairs and up to the door. I opened it and a policewoman stood in front of me.

"Are you Mr McLoughlin?" She asked. I nodded. "Your girlfriend or possibly wife got into a car accident. It was a bit and run and no one knows who hit her. She's at the hospital in the Intensive Care Unit, barely alive. Do you want me to take you?" She explained. I stood frozen, not able to process what had just been said.

"Uh... Yes please. That would be so kind. We only have one car. I'm guessing it was smashed in the crash though." I agreed. The policewoman nodded and led me to her car. We both sat in the front and she began driving to the hospital.

"Uh, I'm here for y/n l/n. She's in the ICU." I said quickly. The nurse nodded.

"Room 65, ward 1 of the ICU. Be sure to be quiet. She's awake but anything to major can stop her heart and we might not be able to get it going again." She explained.

"Thank you." I have a small smile and so did the nurse. I walked away from the front desk and to the lift. I pressed the button and felt it go up.

I opened the door to y/n's room slowly, being sure not to startle her. There she was. Lying on a hospital bed. An oxygen mask on, a needle for blood in her right hand and one for the IV in her left. She had stitches on her left cheek, a cast on her right arm and right ankle. A cold cloth rested on her forehead, cooling down her sweaty figure. Her s/c skin was paler than usual.

She looked over at me and I saw her weakly smile under her oxygen mask.

"Jack..." She croaked, moving her left hand to take off her oxygen mask.

"No, no, no. Keep it on." I rushed over, holding the oxygen mask on her face lightly.

"But Jack..." She whined, her eyes half open.

"Get some sleep. I'll see if I can stay here with you." I said. She nodded and closed her eyes. I saw a nurse walking past so I ran to the door and opened it. "Uh, miss? Is it alright if I stay with my girlfriend? She'll want me here when she wakes up..." I asked. The nurse nodded while smiling and walked off into another room.

I sat down beside the bed, holding y/n's hand. I rubbed the back of it with my thumb. Her skin was sweaty and cold at the same time. I watched as her chest rose up and down, her oxygen mask fogging up everytime she breathed out.

"Please live. I don't know what I'll do without you." I whispered.